Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:35 pm

paypal sent.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:14 pm

More $$$ sent via paypal for Lil :)

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Just got back from vacation and saw this. I'm in!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks Guys... We're nearly there!

???

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Scott,
Just paypaled ya $100 and also have a check in the mail!
:pirate :santa: :partyman: :supz: :rock: :rock: :rock: :butthead:

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Jack did you put us over the top?? I been watching this all night!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Broken-Wrench wrote:I knew a texan couldn't pass up that challange! :lol:

Anytime...... :wink:

Lynn

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Warbirdnerd wrote:
Dave Hackett wrote:I think that after we get some air under Lil's wings again, we should see what John B. can give us for a project to help Red Tail get back in the air. Any others who want us to be a part of their project, chime in, and let us know what it is all about, and how the money can help!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but there are many ways to contribute to the Red Tail Project, details can be found here: www.redtail.org
Anything to add John?

Maybe after Doug @ Cavanaugh's gets finished with the P-47, they could take in the Redtail project. It would be a very large undertaking, but they are in my mind the best shot for it.

Lynn

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:50 am

Broken-Wrench wrote:Jack did you put us over the top?? I been watching this all night!

That did indeed put us over the top! Thanks Jack

I want to thank everybody who contributed and made this possible. When I started the original thread on Friday I was hoping that by the end of January we would have enough donations to fund a single replica. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to be able to fund THREE replicas in under 5 days! I believe this is largely due to Gary Austin, who has brought us all into the restoration of Diamond Lil and made us feel involved. He made it personal for us and this is our way of thanking him. I'm so pround of WIX right now it almost hurts!

Once the mailed in donations arrive I will create a more formal list of donators and will provide a list of names and addresses of applicable donors to Tim and Paul. If you do not want your address given out then send me a PM and I will exclude it from thier lists.

Thanks again everybody!

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:41 pm

scott.... pardon the pun....... but the check is in the mail as of today.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:38 pm

So is mine.

Lynn

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:11 am

All I can say is I'm glad it's over. I have got to get back to Ebay and make some cash.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm in, $100 paypaled.

Couldn't have worded it better myself

I hope that the staff of another vintage aircraft magazine, which is on record as saying that we lack even a receptacle for certain bodily functions, is reading this thread and taking notes on (1) the evidence to the contrary and (2) Tim's and Paul's examples of how to be a class act in this area.

Scott I must say with yourself running this great forum, and the many generous people here, I think WIX will make a great impact to these great organizations that keep these treasures flying.

Hats off to you all

Dave Cheeseman

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Ontario-Warbird wrote:I'm in, $100 paypaled.

Couldn't have worded it better myself

I hope that the staff of another vintage aircraft magazine, which is on record as saying that we lack even a receptacle for certain bodily functions, is reading this thread and taking notes on (1) the evidence to the contrary and (2) Tim's and Paul's examples of how to be a class act in this area.

Scott I must say with yourself running this great forum, and the many generous people here, I think WIX will make a great impact to these great organizations that keep these treasures flying.

Hats off to you all

Dave Cheeseman

Thanks Dave for reposting the quote. I'd like to see it go one step further and have Gary invite the clown that originally wrote the article down to Midland so he can do a full article on Diamond Lil's Transformation. Maybe then he'll change his mind about the "majority of internet malcontents know little about real aircraft"..."certainly do not have funds" to own such planes or donate to museums, claiming "most probably barely have a pot to piss in" :x

Gary...if this guy ever takes you up on the offer, you might want to keep some WD-40 handy to help get his foot out of his mouth. :P

John

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:58 pm

^Eh, why bother. :)
Take it your still accepting donations right?
(would have done it sooner, but didnt have the money :oops: )
Post a reply