Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:46 pm

He may also need that WD-40 to get some WIXers boot out of his A$$ !! :lol:

????

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:15 pm

I hope that the staff of another vintage aircraft magazine, which is on record as saying that we lack even a receptacle for certain bodily functions, is reading this thread and taking notes on (1) the evidence to the contrary and (2) Tim's and Paul's examples of how to be a class act in this area.

I must have missed that.
But, I do recall early last year someone joined to make one post to say the folks on this forum were a bunch of arrogent/ignorant jerks and the forum itself was a joke to serious warbird restorers and operators. To this person I say BITE ME! :evil:

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Hey Guys- I have been out of pocket for several days and wonder if you are still looking for donations( as if anyone would turn down money).
Am I reading correctly that there is a way to Paypal the money? That work best.

Steve S

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Jack, the reference is made toward "he who shall remain nameless" who wrote that most folks online who complained about the Thunder Over Michigan show most likely "didn't have a pot to pi$$ in".

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:46 am

Steve S wrote:Hey Guys- I have been out of pocket for several days and wonder if you are still looking for donations( as if anyone would turn down money).
Am I reading correctly that there is a way to Paypal the money? That work best.

Steve S

Any money sent for Lil will be included in the check I send to Gary. You can send a check made out to Scott Rose to:

Scott Rose
P.O. Box 51334
Boston, MA 02205

or you can send a payment via Paypal via the link on this page:
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/donate.html

Gun Fund

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:34 pm

Gary,
Finally broke down and joined WIX, so I'm not just a lurker any more.
Just sent in a gun fund donation via paypal. This is my first post as a new WIX'er, so I hope I did it right.
Ken

???

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Just sent in a gun fund donation via paypal. This is my first post as a new WIX'er,

Donation on your first post 8)
Sounds like time for another reward.
Welcome aboard :supz: :rock: :rock: :rock: :supz:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:54 am

Sorry for being a little late but I have made my Paypal donation as well-

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:16 am

ditto, too little too late club memeber heer as well.

cheers

greg v.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Okay, all the checks are in and Paypal has got everything cleared. Just thought you'd like to know we raised a total of

$2,975

I will be depositing the checks and writing a check to Gary by Monday.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 pm

Very cool Scott, hopefully I will get to see her in person.

Cheers Dave C

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:I will be depositing the checks and writing a check to Gary by Monday.

Which just gave me time to send you my contribution via PayPal this afternoon.

Sorry to be so late! :(

But at least we've raised enough for three guns, and well on the way to the fourth. :D

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:25 am

Scott,

I've also been out of pocket for a while. Is it too late to send a donation?

If it is, is there anything else that Lil needs that we (us slow pokes) can contribute towards?

Gary,

Any inputs on that?

Thanks,

Mac

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:58 am

Any donations made through WIX that exceed the amount needed for the guns will certainly be applied to other items that will be purchased for the airplane. I will also make sure that along with the data plates that recognize the donors for the guns, I will do the same with the additional purchases that your money allows us to buy. For example, if your money allows us to purchase a radio operator's seat, then I will put a placard of some sort on it to show the names of the individuals that donated the money for that (if they so desire). I'll try to make the placards in such a way that they don't distract from the "originality" of each item, but still show how we got them.

I absolutely appreciate everyone's efforts to help us with this project.
Thank you,
Gary

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:10 am

What a cool place. think about it guys. We just helped put the guns in a B-24 that is on the airshow circuit. In my opinion that is huge. Then you have other guys to help encourage the process by giving you DVD's and magazines to give. All of this on everyone's kindness. Very cool place.
Post a reply