Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:22 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Most of you have been following the thread on the rebuilding of the CAF's LB-30/B-24A Diamond Lil. She is being returned to her origins as a B-24A and as such needs some firepower. Namely five .50 machine guns. Now Gary has acquired one already so there is a need for 4 more. These guns run approx. $900 and while I know we'd all like to buy one for the old girl most of us can't afford it. So I have started the WIX Replica Gun for Diamond Lil Fund. We can pool our resources and make a joint donation towards the purchase of one or more of these replicas. Any amount is welcome. Heck, if every registered member gave $1 we could by 2 of them. any monies recieved in excess of the $900 will be put towards a 2nd or even third replica (since she needs 4 more)

You can send a check (make sure and PM me that your sending a check so I can add the amount to the total) made out to Scott Rose to:

Scott Rose
P.O. Box 51334
Boston, MA 02205

or you can send a payment via Paypal via the link on this page:
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/donate.html

Furthermore, all donations made to the site for the month of January will be added to this fund. Tim Savage has sweetened the pot with a subscription to Warbird Digest for those that contribute $50 or more and don't already have a subscription. Wait, there's more, Paulk from the CAF First Observer Detatchment is offering a free CAF Airsho DVD to those same people. Thanks to Tim & Paul for there support!

Pledges totalling
$900 - Gun 1 achieved
$900 - Gun 2 Achieved!

$920 - Gun 3 - ACHIEVED!!!!

Have been made by the following members:
Lynn Allen, Me, Ryan Keough, dj51d, jpeters, Edward Soye, Airdales, Dan Jones, anonymous Smile, Roger Cain, needle, BDK, Paul S., Broken Wrench, WLS, Bryan D., Mudge, HotRodJosh, planeoldsteve, Tim Savage, Rob Gillman, Jack Cook, Paul K, Alan Brooks & crew, p51mstg, beachgirl, apg185, Steve A, pbeegle1, kd5h, cg51, Dave Hackett, George K, Sabermech, Jeff Funk, Mustangdriver, TimAPNY, Tom Friedman, Edward W, Simeon R., Richard D., c170bdan, August H, Christopher B - In Memory of Bernard Seglin, Peter G, astixjr, Rick H & Ryan H, Django, Paul Draper

Thanks guys

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Last edited by Scott Rose on Sun May 20, 2007 10:22 am, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:29 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

You ever do something and the moment you do it, that exact second, you know it's a mistake but it is far too late? Well I did. :oops: Luckily it doesn't effect much. I accidently deleted the Guns for Lil fund thread. No worries though, all pledges and donations have been recorded so all thats missing is the messages letting me know of the donations and my thanks for them. Everythings written down and of course does not effect the paypal transactions or the checks that arrive in the mail. So nothing pranged except my ego really. I just got a little excited that we have achieved our second goal and funding for a 2nd gun has been achieved. There is only one more replica needed (CAF has one, 2 from WIX and one from Taylor) so any further donations will go for the third one.

I'm utterly amazed that we have raised $1800 in 48 hours. I'm blown away by the generosity of you guys and gals. You have no idea how much I appreciate all this.

THANKS EVERYONE, YOU'VE MADE ME VERY PROUD!

This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Last edited by Scott Rose on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:42 pm 
Co-MVP - 2006

Scott,
Picture $$ coming towards you. Do with has you will.

Post subject: Re: ???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:46 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Jack Cook wrote:
Scott,
Picture $$ coming towards you. Do with has you will.

thanks Jack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:13 pm 

I was glad to donate, It's so rare that you get to see the impact your money has on something or someone, many of us Wix member's will see Lil at an airshow and will be able to see what our money has done in person, it's a great feeling to know that you bought part of those MG's and helped out! :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

scott, received the book, hope it helped. i'll send a check toward the cause wednesday, as there will be no mail tuesday due to president ford's funeral.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:01 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

tom d. friedman wrote:
scott, received the book, hope it helped. i'll send a check toward the cause wednesday, as there will be no mail tuesday due to president ford's funeral.

Thanks Tom, It helped a great deal, I appreciate the loan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:00 pm 

I think Gary said it best a bit ago. Do what you can! I am happy to have been able to witness the transformation, and hope that we can get more education from other restorations as well. I think that when we get Lil with air under her wings, we should get John B. to tell us what we can help with and do a drive for the Red Tail.

Happy New Year to all.

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:26 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Tim Savage from Warbird Digest has waded in with an incentive/thank you for those that donate $50 or more to the fund. Those that have donated or will donate $50 or more to the fund shall recieve a subscription to Warbird Digest if you currently do not have one.

I want to thank Tim for his continued support. Thanks Tim!

Post subject: ???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:34 pm 
Co-MVP - 2006

Quote:
Those that have donated or will donate $50 or more to the fund shall recieve a subscription to Warbird Digest if you currently do not have one.

Geez, that's cool! 8) Except now I must shamefully admit that I don't already have one. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:00 pm 

I have been thinking about getting a subscription for a while now, maybe i will have to scrap up $25 more :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:09 pm 

As a subscription holder, big thanks for Tim for putting this up. I know I do not get the benefit, but frankly I don't care. Those people who donate and do not have a subscription will not be able to live without one and thus the magazine will grow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:13 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Tim Savage from Warbird Digest has waded in with an incentive/thank you for those that donate $50 or more to the fund. Those that have donated or will donate $50 or more to the fund shall recieve a subscription to Warbird Digest if you currently do not have one.

Very thoughtful Tim! A fantastic offer. You are truly a gentleman.

Maybe a lesson from this thread is that when a project is broken down into small measurable bites and people can really see tangible results, they will step up to the plate for a something they care about. At least that is how I felt. Gary's post made me feel more like a part of the project.

Maybe next month we need to have Gary tell us what else he needs so we can keep up the momentum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the fact that so much $$$ was raised in such a short time following scott's original post is a testimonial to the dedication to the cause through the members of this site. :partyman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:24 pm 

I think I will put $25 more, ever since my photo's showed up in Issue #11 I have wanted a subscription, There is only one place around here that carries Warbird Digest and it's 30 min away!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next