Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

If Available, would you buy a WIX patch for $10US?
Poll ended at Fri May 14, 2004 5:15 am
Yes 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
No 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: WIX Merchandise
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:15 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

T-Shirts, Stickers, Mugs, Hats, etc... are available at http://www.cafeshops.com/wrg1945

I am working on patches at the moment and will let you know when they become available. Please answer the poll above so I can get an idea of interest in this since they will have to be ordered in a batch and I would like to have an idea of how many to get. the patch will be based on this logo

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Last edited by Scott Rose on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:02 am 
S/N Geek

When would you have the patches? Would you have them for July 1st or Geneseo? I would prefer to pay in person if possbile. The taxes & duty of bringing WIX stuff across the border is a killer.

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:04 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

mrhenniger wrote:
When would you have the patches? Would you have them for July 1st or Geneseo? I would prefer to pay in person if possbile. The taxes & duty of bringing WIX stuff across the border is a killer.

Mike

My goal is to have them by Geneseo if possible, assuming their is interest.

This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:01 pm 
Maker of Spiffy models

I would rather get a t-shirt.

Will you have some at either the July 1st meet or Geneseo?

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:53 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Ollie wrote:
I would rather get a t-shirt.
Will you have some at either the July 1st meet or Geneseo?

Nope, T-shirts are too expensive to keep in an inventory, we would never be able to afford a selection of sizes, which is why I set up the http://www.cafepress.com/wrg1945 account. The CafePress option allows you to make one-off shirts and other items that are made when you order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:46 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

MIke,

I remember getting my T-shirt last year. If I remember right it cost almost $50 by the time I paid all the taxes and shipping :shock:

Post subject: Dang
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:57 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

AIRIC wrote:
MIke,

I remember getting my T-shirt last year. If I remember right it cost almost $50 by the time I paid all the taxes and shipping :shock:

Dang, I wish there was something I could do about that. I wish I could bring some but I do not have the funds to keep any sort of inventory at all. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Dang
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:14 am 
S/N Geek

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Dang, I wish there was something I could do about that. I wish I could bring some but I do not have the funds to keep any sort of inventory at all. :cry:

There is nothing you can do about that. I just thank our federal government for taking their cut on me importing "promotional materials". Oh for petes sake! :x

Mike

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.

Post subject: Re: Dang
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:56 am 

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
AIRIC wrote:
MIke,

Just as a thought Scott, not sure how effective it'd be at keeping the costs down, but how about prepaid bulk delivery to some-one going to going to an airshow?

as an example, the col, and 4 others are planning to meet at geneseo so they all order and pay for their t shirts, cups, caps, badges, moxie mugs, whatever and arrange for the least likely to be late or miss out on going to be the delivery point. that person then takes the gear to the show and disperses it accordingly at the after show drinks or whatever.

might not help at all but worth a thought if nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:56 am 
WRG Staff Photographer & WIX Brewmaster

I'd love a T-shirt. Like sugggested we pre-order & pre-pay for a order of shirts. Just an idea. I'd buy a patch but it would go into a box with my other 100 patches I have

Edit:
Why should Mike H be the only one running around in a WIX shirt? I want to be like Mike :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:39 am 
S/N Geek

TimApNy wrote:
Why should Mike H be the only one running around in a WIX shirt? I want to be like Mike :wink:

Just go to http://www.cafeshops.com/wrg1945 and order one. You have it a better than I do as your shirt will not have to cross an international boarder and therefore will not be subject to some ridiculous taxes.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:56 am 
WRG Staff Photographer & WIX Brewmaster

There goes a bunch of Birthday money :)

Post subject: WIX Merchandise
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:25 pm 

Scott/Guys,

I am not sure if I can help, but I live in the biggest factory on the planet (China) and run a Shipping Company, we mostly handle Heavy Cargoes and Marine Contracting but, we have a goodly number of clients who manufacture promotional items ( it keeps the staff occupied between big contracts).

Last year we did some promo T shirts, screen printed with the company logo, the quality was ok not something to write home about, but as they were give aways we didn't care much, the cost to us was HK$10/per abt US$1.29, they also had a funny sentence in Chinese "I am not a tourist, I live here and I don't want a copy watch", it's funny if you live here, 'cause any Westener will get stopped in the tourist spots with the question, "You want copy watch?".

The year before our association had a conference here in Hong Kong and we bought polo shirts with the associations logo embroidered on and they cost HK$45/per abt US$5.81, most were in what we call European sizes, L, XL & XXL, I still have a couple which I wear when on site.

As I said I'm not sure if I can help because most manufacturers would expect a minimum order, so I think the members would have to be serious and enough would have to be interested to make the minimum order quantity.

Stuart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:07 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Thanks Stuart, I'll keep it in mind.