Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Welcome to WIX Gen 3

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:31 am

Welcome to the 3rd Generation of the Warbird Information Exchange. This upgrade has taken an amazing amount of work and there is still quite a lot of work ahead of me. I know its ugly, this is the default theme. Today and in the coming weeks I will be tweaking the look and feel of the board. Please have patience. This is a completely new software package with a lot of new features that I will implement as I learn them. Thanks for your patience and understanding

Re: Welcome to WIX Gen 3

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 am

Many thanks for your work Scott. Database migration and new forum upgrades are one of the things I run way in server administration...

WIX Link Redirection

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:22 am

Scott or Ryan,

The WIX page...

http://wwww.warbirdinformationexchange.org/

...directs to the old forum and not the new forum. Could someone please correct this?

TIA

Mike

Re: WIX Link Redirection

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Might I also suggest setting the version 2 board to archive mode and/or replacing its index.php file with a redirector.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 pm

If anybody has any problems please post a reply here

Re: WIX Link Redirection

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks, I'll be tweaking settings for quite awhile yet. I just fixed the gateway and I have disabled new posts in WIX hanger of the old forum and will diable the other ones tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Looks good so far Scott. Thank you for all of your hard work! :D

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:If anybody has any problems please post a reply here

Thanks for all of your hard work in upkeeping this board Scott. I know it isn't easy and is extremely time-consuming.

One comment/question. Whenever a picture (jpeg) is posted within a thread here on this new forum, for some reason the right hand side is cut off. It is like that on any picture I view on any thread. Is it a problem on my end or this new software? I haven't changed the configuration and/or screen settings on my computer. On the last version of WIX, I did not have this problem.

Thanks.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 pm

hi scott, many thanks for your efforts. fyi.... i can't access my pm box. best, tom

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 pm

never mind scott i found the pm department. i'm just trying to feel my way through the new / temporary format. i tried to delete this post with no luck. sorry to be a pain!!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Nice Job! Thank you. Will take a bit getting used to but I like it. :wink:

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes, thanks for all the hard work. I'm already getting used to seeing things in the new format.

For what it's worth, I've received a couple of PMs on the -2 forum even after the -3 integration. Everyone check the old version to make sure that nothing "slips through the cracks" so-to-speak.

Scott

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:11 am

warbird1 wrote:
Scott WRG Editor wrote:One comment/question. Whenever a picture (jpeg) is posted within a thread here on this new forum, for some reason the right hand side is cut off. It is like that on any picture I view on any thread. Is it a problem on my end or this new software? I haven't changed the configuration and/or screen settings on my computer. On the last version of WIX, I did not have this problem.

Thanks.

From experience in other forums with similar software, if you click the picture it will appear in its full grace...

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:30 am

Problems? Nope. It's actually cured the problems I was having and allowed me to login for the first time in about a year. Gotta say I'm liking it so far.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:07 am

warbird1 wrote:

Thanks for all of your hard work in upkeeping this board Scott. I know it isn't easy and is extremely time-consuming.

One comment/question. Whenever a picture (jpeg) is posted within a thread here on this new forum, for some reason the right hand side is cut off. It is like that on any picture I view on any thread. Is it a problem on my end or this new software? I haven't changed the configuration and/or screen settings on my computer. On the last version of WIX, I did not have this problem.

Thanks.

The previous software was modified to resize certain images according to your screen reolution, downsizing it to fit. I will be working on implementing something similar here in the near future. So its not you, it's me. ;)
Post a reply