Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Re: Welcome to WIX Gen 3

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:11 am

Warhawk wrote:
Scott WRG Editor wrote:If anybody has any problems please post a reply here

Problems? Nope. It's actually cured the problems I was having and allowed me to login for the first time in about a year. Gotta say I'm liking it so far.

Glad to hear it, hopefully most of the issues with the old forum will be cured.

One known issue right now is the search feature, it doesn't work well... yet. I have to rebuild the search index and have been doing so since last night. Estimated time for completion of this task... 91.5 hours :shock: so it will be a few days before you can search topics. Hang in there :) :Hangman:

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am

Happy to be here with you! :D

Thanks for the update Scott :wink:

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 am

WOOT! The Mods will appreciate this.... we can now merge topics together :supz:

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Tks Scott...looks good so far.

Just a few quickies.

- Can the user select font size or color interface ? I've not found anything in the User Control Panel

Sounds bizzare...but being color blind with bad vision I really liked the old forum splash pages for each of the section where it was obvious or not if a topic was a new one.

Tks chief..trully appreciated

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Warhawk wrote:
Scott WRG Editor wrote:If anybody has any problems please post a reply here

Problems? Nope. It's actually cured the problems I was having and allowed me to login for the first time in about a year. Gotta say I'm liking it so far.

Glad to hear it, hopefully most of the issues with the old forum will be cured.

One known issue right now is the search feature, it doesn't work well... yet. I have to rebuild the search index and have been doing so since last night. Estimated time for completion of this task... 91.5 hours :shock: so it will be a few days before you can search topics. Hang in there :) :Hangman:

I'm not worried about search functions and such personally. It's been so long since I've been here that I'm starting over from scratch anyway.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Michel Lemieux wrote:Tks Scott...looks good so far.

Just a few quickies.

- Can the user select font size or color interface ? I've not found anything in the User Control Panel

Sounds bizzare...but being color blind with bad vision I really liked the old forum splash pages for each of the section where it was obvious or not if a topic was a new one.

Tks chief..trully appreciated

hmmm... I might be able to install a different theme... give me some time and I'll see what I can do, thanks for the suggestion.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:53 pm

I like the way we are now on the RIGHT side!

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:Hangman:

Great work Scott and thanks for all you do!

Don Price

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:19 pm

First to spam new forum!

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this Scott.

Mike

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:13 pm

We have faith in you!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for the hard work!!

I have a question. Are you keeping the user info/avatar etc on the right side of the posts or can you change the template to have it read like most other forums and the way that it was? It seems to be harder to look over and see who is posting rather than glanceing at the info on the left and going right into what they posted, which seems to make more sense to me. Just curious...

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Django wrote:Thanks for the hard work!!

I have a question. Are you keeping the user info/avatar etc on the right side of the posts or can you change the template to have it read like most other forums and the way that it was? It seems to be harder to look over and see who is posting rather than glanceing at the info on the left and going right into what they posted, which seems to make more sense to me. Just curious...

I am trying to learn how to modify the code for the CSS portion of the site. I'll be messing with various templates in the coming weeks and the look and feel should change dramatically. Once I figure that out my intention is to move the user information to the left side :D

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:32 pm

One question, Is there a way to tell me of my unread threads when I log on?
bill word

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I answered my own question after I logged in. Unread=red
bill word

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks for the hard work Scott!
Post a reply