Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Submission Email Attachment Sizes

Tue May 31, 2005 4:02 pm

Scott:

What size of attachments does your submission email address support?

I am about to send you a large batch of pics for the registry. I will group them in zip files. I need to know the limit for the zip files, one for each email.

Mike

Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:08 am

I have a 100mb mail box on submit@REMOVEwarbirdregistry.org so it shouldnt be a problem

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:02 am

Incoming! ;-) One email with a 10 MB attachment, and another with a 7 MB. I think you will be busy for a while.

Mike

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:27 am

The second email bounced back. Let me know when it is OK to resend.

Mike

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:57 am

It looks like the first one bounced as well. So it is back to my original question... What is the largest attachment size your email will allow for incoming messages?

Mike

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:07 am

Could it be blocking large Zipped file? Sometimes those types of files carry special gifts that most of us would rather not have. :wink:

Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:32 am

hmm.... thats weird, I'm not aware of a size limit. Try sending them to my angelslave@REMOVEgmail.com account and see what happens.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:55 am

Scott WRG Editor wrote:Try sending them to my angelslave@REMOVEgmail.com account and see what happens.

Based on Tim's post above I tried sending one to the regular submission address with the extension changed from ".zip" to ".zippy". That was around mid morning and so far it hasn't bounced.

I have also sent both files as ".zippy" to your Gmail account. One way or another we should be able to get the files to you Scott.

Mike
Post a reply