The entry for P-51D 44-63864 is not correct. Two a/c have used this serial # and both of them are still registred as 44-63864. G-CBNM in the UK and N42805 in the US. The phase where we are talking about one airframe would be this entry:
The known history of 44-63864.
Built by NAA at Inglewood Plant, 1944.
Delivered to USAAF as 44-63864, Dec. 1944.
- Served with 8th AF/78th FG/83rd FS.
- Flown by Lt. Hubert Davis as Twilight Tear/HL*W.
Delivered to Royal Swedish AF as Fv26158, June 17, 1949.
- Served with F16 at Uppsala coded K.
- Later served with F4 at Ostersund.
Henry Wallenburg & Co, Feb. 9, 1953.
- Overhauled by Svenska, Flygverkstaderna, Malmo.
Delivered to IDFAF as 38, 1953-1961.
Then the two different a/c which both claims to be 63864 have these two individual histories from demob from the IDFAF.
44-63864 as currently owned by TFC, Duxford, UK
Israeli Air Force Museum, 19??-1978.
- Reported open storage, Herzlia, Israel, 1978.
Israel Itzhaki, Sde-Dov (later Herzlia), Israel, March 1978-1986.
- Restored to airworthy, Herzlia, 1978-1984.
- Powerplant rebuilt by David Zeuschel/Zeuschel Raging Engines, Sylmar, CA.
- First flight, Herzlia, Feb. 5, 1984.
- Registered as 4X-AIM, Feb. 1984.
Stephen Grey, Geneva, Switzerland, Sep. 30, 1986
Novida AB/Flygexpo, Malmo, Sweden, Oct. 30, 1986-2002.
- Registered as SE-BKG.
- Delivered to Malmo, Dec. 23, 1986.
- Flew as RSAF/Fv26158.
Dukes of Brabant, Eindhoven, Netherlands. (on loan del. Sep. 94)
- Flew as R Neth. East Indies AF "N3-615", 1995.
- Returned to Flygexpo. Flew as RSAF/Fv26158.
The Fighter Collection, Duxford, UK, March. 2002-2003.
- Registered as G-CBNM.
44-63864 as currently owned by Ron Fagen, Minnesota, USA
IAI, Lod airport, surplus for sale, 1960
William P. Lear Jr./Lear Inc., Los Angeles, CA, July 18, 1960.
- delivered Tel Aviv - Athens - Geneva Dec. 1960
William R. Pearce, Fullerton, CA, Dec. 11, 1962.
- Crashed Keflavik, Iceland during ferry flight June 6, 1963. Pilot Roger Gaston Arnoult killed.
- Wreck stored Keflavik, Iceland. Moved to the US in 1989.
Cham S. Gill, Central Point, OR, May. 1991.
- Registered as N42805.
Kenneth A. Hake, Tipton, KS, 1992.
Ron Fagen, Granite Falls, MN Oct. 14, 2005.
As to which of these two P-51s that is the real
44-63864 will probarbly be discussed for many years to come!
Last edited by T J Johansen
on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.