Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions about Airshows, aviation events and allows WIX member to coordinate a get together and meet ups at these events.
Post a reply

Re: CAF airsho 2010

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 pm

For a place to sit one can go in the Oficers Club, don't have to be an officer, they accept normal humans also. Its cool in there and there is a bar, don't know how the view of the show is.
I doubt if you need to carry a chair, I think there is some seaitg out by the show line, you may have to pay a fee and there are some seats indoors just to take a rest.
The museum and the bookstore is worth a look and you can see them in an hour.
Parking is best if you get there a lttle early, don't wait till noon. And the warbird ramp is open to the public in the am, don't know exactly what time they close.
If you look a bit , there is good B-B-Q or Mexican food, etc.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm

If anyone needs lodging at the event, I have had a cancellation so one of the three rooms I have reserved at the Best Western at Midland Airport (non-smoking, two beds) I'll be cancelling unless a WIXer wants to take it. The price is a reasonable $89.99 Friday night and I think $107.99 Saturday night. If anyone's interested, it's a AAA rate, so I can just put you down as the occupant of that room and give you the confirmation number, and it's yours to pay yourself at that rate.

Rich

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm

I should be arriving with the C-17 on Friday, heading back to Altus on Tuesday. No demo this trip but we will be doing the Cargo Heritage Flight. The rest of my crew will have to peel me away from FiFi when it comes time for us to fly.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Brad wrote:. The rest of my crew will have to peel me away from FiFi when it comes time for us to fly.

Major Malachowski is going to be there? Cool!

:D

Rich

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:25 pm

richkolasa wrote:
Brad wrote:. The rest of my crew will have to peel me away from FiFi when it comes time for us to fly.

Major Malachowski is going to be there? Cool!

:D

Rich

Nope...the one that matters. The other woman in my life!

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:26 pm

My wife and I are leaving Decatur tomorrow for the drive out. I will be marshalling at TRARON Thursday and Friday and at the Airsho on Saturday and Sunday. My wife will be in the room quilting and relaxing.

JMC
Post a reply