Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:52 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thanks for the info Jon, much appreciated!!!

I am *SO* stoked about tomorrow...

Lynn

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

hope everybody has a great time, great flying and all involved be safe!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:12 pm 

If my 1yr old daughter allows me, I'll be taking lots of pictures and video to post........

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm 

Any word on the Lancaster?
Bob

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:21 pm 

planenutti wrote:
Any word on the Lancaster?
Bob

I was flying on the Lancaster today and we made it as far as Erie, PA . Weather was an issue today, weather over the mountains was obscured, then thunderstorms and rain kept us from continuing on. We are meeting at the hangar in the morning to look at the weather with our bags ready to go, if the weather is sound we'll be down tomorrow.

Ah yes, There we were, left engine on fire, right engine feathered...ahh yes,...there we were, ..Screwed! No Kissing!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:55 pm 

Sorry no mig 3 for the show, im the low man on the list so i dont know why other then it wasnt running up to our standards so it wasnt going to get air and come over. Pretty much everything else is there and flying along with some ground stuff... like the cool 88mm, spot light and a neat german half track.

Jon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:43 am 

VaBeachEd and others who are there...got any pix to post yet? Did the Lancaster make it? The show here was a real yawner...except for the Blues who always put on a great show. Last minute events have made it impossible to come over to see your show...dammitall :evil: :( Hope everyone there is having a great time, the flying is great as well...and lots of sunblock is used...too hot!

...just another plane dreamer.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 pm 

Back from the Beach. What a great show. The Lancaster is beautiful and provided a great display. Mike, I stopped by but couldn't remember your screen name and then they had the heavy line blocked off and couldn't get back over. The Fw-190 was fantastic and that was an other awesome display. Not sure who flew the bird but brother did he know what he was doing. The YAK went outwith the 190 but came back early. The FM-2 was great as well, hard to believe that was the old Dupont machine. To all that have not been there yet, come on down next year! This was the third year and it keeps getting better. I have uploaded my pictures but haven't ever done photo bucket before, so bare with me and maybe tomorrow, I can post some.
Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:52 pm 

The Lancaster at Warbirds Over the Beach

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 pm 

And three more!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 pm 

planenutti wrote:
Back from the Beach. What a great show. The Lancaster is beautiful and provided a great display. Mike, I stopped by but couldn't remember your screen name and then they had the heavy line blocked off and couldn't get back over. The Fw-190 was fantastic and that was an other awesome display. Not sure who flew the bird but brother did he know what he was doing. The YAK went outwith the 190 but came back early. The FM-2 was great as well, hard to believe that was the old Dupont machine. To all that have not been there yet, come on down next year! This was the third year and it keeps getting better. I have uploaded my pictures but haven't ever done photo bucket before, so bare with me and maybe tomorrow, I can post some.
Bob

Should have just told them you needed to get a message to Mike on the Lanc crew. It was a great show. Beautiful collection of planes that Jerry has. Good to catch up with you Jon, and meeting the Jazz Diva. I need to post some photos when i get time, have a bunch on a FB site but haven't put them on photo bucket yet. We really enjoyed the response from the people for the Lancaster. It was great that we could bring it to the show.

Ah yes, There we were, left engine on fire, right engine feathered...ahh yes,...there we were, ..Screwed! No Kissing!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:39 pm 

Hey Mike, thanks for the shout out! It was great meeting you as well! I am not gonna lie, there's nothing I love more than seeing the Lanc overhead...
and seeing it two years in a row is almost unbelievable! So grateful to Gerry for another great show in VA. It just gets better every year and I'm delighted to get to be a part of it! Hoping to see you and the Lancaster again a little closer to home tho!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 am 

Yes mike it was good to meet you as well, I took some pics but only had my iPhone since I was working the bomber line. Trying to get the 17 ready for your show next month, might have a chance to be some if the crew cowing up for it since we are bringing 4 birds, but I'm the new guy so don't know what my chances are at this point.

Jon