Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions about Airshows, aviation events and allows WIX member to coordinate a get together and meet ups at these events.
Post a reply

Re: CWH 40th, Hamilton June - WIX Meet Checkin

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 pm

I’m going to be meeting up with two friends I met at Duxford Flying Legends who are coming across the pond for this one. I’d be interested in knowing time and place so I can try and drag them with me. 8)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Great. Paging Hamilton locals to advise where we can get casual dining Sate Eve!

I'll be at Hamilton myself tomorrow (Thurs) Fri, Sat & Sun; look out for the tall thin guy with the cricket (big Tilley style) hat and say G'Day!

Regards,

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:44 am

There are many Pub style places within 15 min of the Airport , so it should not be a problem picking one .
Please drop by my Fleet and let me know what is decided or call my cell 647-567-2376

Thanks
Cam

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm

If I can convince the wife (Mandie) we might drop in..just need to know where and when. :drink3:

SN

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Sorry everyone for the late post. I have been quite distracted by other things recently.

One of the places Steve Tournay suggested was the Whistling Walrus British Pub. Here is what you need for your GPS...
1508 Upper James Street Hamilton, ON L9B 1K3
43 12 23.29 N 79 53 30.21 W

This is probably just as good as the next place. It looks nice on street view. Catherine and I are staying in Toronto, so we will likely be going directly there after the show. So how about 6 PM for the gathering?

Mike

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:28 pm

6:00 might be a littler early. The show doesn't wrap up until 4:30/5:00, and who knows how long it'll take to get out of the parking area. I usually hang around and take more pictures of the statics while the traffic clears out.

We're staying in Burlington, just East of Hamilton, so we have to go right through town on the way back to the motel.

SN

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Just got in from the WIX meet, and wanted to firstly thank Mike H for pulling the thing together, well done, Mike.

Secondly it was great to meet so many people - some again, many more new faces to familiar handles and names, and I'm only sorry the time was so brief to chat - some great talks. Look forward to the follow-up e-mails!

Regards,
Last edited by JDK on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Had a great time at the show and at the WIX meet..great to finally meet you in person, James!

SN

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

NUTS! I missed the WIX meet. I was too busy doing airshow stuff. The airshow was fantastic! The hospitality was above and beyond. Three cheers for the CWH!!!!
Post a reply