Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions about Airshows, aviation events and allows WIX member to coordinate a get together and meet ups at these events.
Post a reply

Super Guppy At NMUSAF

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:26 pm

I just found out that the Super Guppy is scheduled to land at the USAFM 8/22 around 4:00 P.M. Can anyone verify this as fact?

Re: Super Guppy At NMUSAF

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 am

Weather permitting ... if not then sometime Thursday ... the decision should be made by 1pm on Wednesday .. suggest you watch the musuem website.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:58 pm

The funny thing I thought that I had been checking the museum web site. I put an address about the CCT in my favorites and would check on the daily. Stupid me, it was an old link and last updated 7/17, trying to think how to blame someone in the family for my mistake.

Thanks Misterg97, now that I know what my mistake is I'll check the proper web page. The problem is that I live about 150 miles away and would have to leave well before the go no-go decision is made and Wednesday is the only day that I can take off to go see it. I just hope that the weather is good.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/cct.asp

All times are approximate and schedule is subject to change. Times are EDT.

Shrink-wrap COMPLETE
Move to Neutral Buoyancy Lab COMPLETE
Move to Ellington Field COMPLETE
Load onto Super Guppy COMPLETE
Depart from Ellington Field Aug. 22 - 11 a.m.
Arrive at Little Rock AFB Aug. 22 - 12:45 p.m.
Depart Little Rock AFB Aug. 22 - 1:45 p.m.
Arrive at museum Aug. 22 - 4 p.m.*
Off-load from Super Guppy Aug. 23 - 9 a.m.
Arrive at Cold War Gallery Aug. 23 - 11 a.m.
Remove from K-loader Aug. 23 - until 2:30 p.m.
Available for public view Aug. 24
Repopulate interior Sept. 4-14
Sign text, video added Sept. 29
Payload bay, etc. constructed Late 2013

* In case of inclement weather, CCT-1 will arrive at the museum at 9 a.m. on Aug. 23.
Post a reply