Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: PB4Y-2 in 1/72
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:00 pm 

We are working on a model of our PB4Y-2. Does anyone have a line on the turrets in 1/72? Thanks JOE

Post subject: Re: PB4Y-2 in 1/72
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:19 pm 

Doesn't the Matchbox/Revell kit include them?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:57 pm 

Lone Star Models has a complete upgrade/replacement set BUT the owner is going through some very tough personal issues and has put the business on hiatus for now. Keep an eye out for the Cobra Company PB4Y resin upgrade set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:06 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

junkman9096 wrote:
Lone Star Models has a complete upgrade/replacement set BUT the owner is going through some very tough personal issues and has put the business on hiatus for now. Keep an eye out for the Cobra Company PB4Y resin upgrade set.

The Lone Star set IS the Cobra set. Mike West bought the molds when Cobra folded. It's expensive, but rectifies pretty much all the shortcomings of the old Matchbox kit. As you say, Mike is a one-man operation, and is dealing with some Major Life Issues these days, so it might be hard getting ahold of it. Even in the best of times, orders from him tend to take awhile (see: one-man band.) I think it took six months for the Privateer set I ordered to arrive, but he was just getting it back into production and I think he had to make all-new molds from the original masters. I don't know if you could even find the original Cobra set these days..if so it would probably be pretty pricey.

SN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:09 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

The Falcon Clear-Vac 1/72 Canopy Set, #11 "US Navy, World War II, part 2," includes replacement clear parts intended for the Matchbox kit. Squadron also made a clear vac turret set for it. Both of these replace the clear parts only though, and require the Matchbox kit for the solid parts, which I understand are not very accurate.

August