Switch to full style
I know alot of you build models, here's a place for you to discuss model related items and to post pictures of your projects.
Post a reply

Warbird Digest Tribute

Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:31 am

In honour of the first issue, I present you with these :

8)

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:22 am

Are they 1/48 scale? They look good!

Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:34 pm

All 1/48!!

Thanks!

:lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:39 am

Hi Ollie,
Seems you are busy on the model front, how do you find time for flying as well :? :)

I like the finish on the P-51, is it paint or Bare Metal Foil?

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:19 pm

Good one Tony.

Actually, it's finding them to build the models that's hard!

Here's the article for the Mustang.

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/us/lacombep51d.htm

It's Alclad lacquer paint.

8)

Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Ollie, thanks for the ribute! Great work! I'd take another look at the outter gear doors on the -51 though.... :oops: Jim

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:03 pm

What's wrong with the doors?

If there's something not right, please tell me and I'll fix it!

8)

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm

Olie, they are switched. The left one should be on the right, and vice-versa. The 'kink' should be on the trailing edge of the doors, not the front.... Simple fix! :wink: Jim

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:31 pm

D'oh!

I'll fix that on Monday!

No one has spotted it before!

Thanks!

:lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:50 pm

Ollie that 109 sure looks good!!!!!!!! So, all in all how many have you built???? Also, I like the fact that they are all 1/48th scale. That is all I do too. I am working on the Tamiya 1/48th scale Razorback P-47. Just got done painting the yellow zinc chromate. I hope to have it done in the next year or so :lol: . Nice work, keep them comming!

Dave D.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Hi Dave!

I have about 40ish 1/48 built. I also do 1/72, but those are mainly What-Ifs!!!

How's the P-47 as a kit?

8)

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:03 pm

Hey Ollie, the Tamiya P-47 is a great kit. The detail is pretty amazing and the mold lines seem to match up pretty well. The only draw back to the kit that I can tell so far is on the landing gear doors there are a few REALLY hard to get at "Mold Dimples". For lack of better words. I guess nothing that a bit of putty, sanding, and hard work won't take of though. I have really wanted to put a Razorback together for quite some time now so I am expecting it to come out looking rather well. I will have to post pics once it is all completed :wink: .

Dave D.

Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:57 am

Hey Ollie,
Are you going to build a model of each aircraft featured in WD? We'll have to keep challenging you... :D

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:37 pm

Nah, it's just that I had on hand three birds featured in the first mag.

don't worry, I'm gonna try that!

:lol:
Post a reply