Switch to full style
I know alot of you build models, here's a place for you to discuss model related items and to post pictures of your projects.
Post a reply

Diorama's! Lets See Em!

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:14 pm

If's it's got a base, its good to go!

Ill put a few of mine up in a few days

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:08 pm

Here's a pair of amphibians.

PBY Catalina by Alex Hernandez:

Grumman Goose by Julio Diaz:

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:51 am

Nice! Im at college so im not near my collection right now, but ill get them on here this weekend.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:53 am

Very impressive! Nicely done! :drink3:

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 am

detail right down to the rusted hull of the grumman!! excellent!!! i respect anal retentive qualities for modelling detail like that!!!

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:07 pm

tom d. friedman wrote:detail right down to the rusted hull of the grumman!! excellent!!! i respect anal retentive qualities for modelling detail like that!!!

Well said! I don't think I have the patience to do that myself, but it sure is impressive when you see something as good as this! :D

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Jaldo, your work is top notch! Beautiful.

Here is my most recent build (He-219) on a small display stand I put together.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Jaldo, very nice! What scale is that PBY? What did you use for the varies weathering throughout the plane?

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:30 pm

Very cool!

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Guys,I did not build those models,they were built by modelling friends which names I wrote above.
I just glue the plastics and put some paint on it.
Here's one diorama that I did:

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:39 pm

fabulous!!

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:08 pm

very cool!

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Nice work!

Here's the only diorama I've ever managed to finish..built about 15 years ago. It's a B6N2 "Jill" (1/72 Fujimi kit) pushed off the edge of an airfield somewhere in Japan in the fall of '45. The green and white surrender markings were crudely brush painted over the exhisting Hinomarus, and some of the canopy glass has been bashed out by curious GIs. After the war, all Japanese aircraft were ordered flown to collection points, and had the props removed to prevent their use by any fanatical "insurgents." I probably should have added shredded fabric on the control surfaces, but didn't feel like going that much trouble.

The grass is from the model railroad section..the tall brush is chopped twine, and the trees are some weeds I found outdoors. I made a small stream with clear acrylic.

Cheers!

Steve

Image[/img]

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:42 pm

unique modeling scheme & perspective. definetely haven't seen 1 like that!!!

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:46 am

That is a cool diorama! My dad wants to build two Betty's in the surrender markings, flying with the two B-25's.
Post a reply