Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:14 am 

I have made only a humble input in WIX society so far, taking a lot of splendid information from You guys. It won't change a lot, I belive. Yet maybe You will like to hang Your eye on a model gallery presented here.

It is a 1/48th Tamiya model built converted to MkIIa version. I have had a lot of help from British researcher Edgar Brookes. Unfortunately I have started my build rather recklessly, hence the mistakes I could not have correct later on, although the number of corrections I was able to perform is rather high.

She is a craft of Wojciech Kołaczkowski, well known Polish fighter pilot and commander. This very aircraft was also used by first Polish figher wing CO Witold Urbanowicz to fly his wing over France on few occasions. Urbanowicz, one of the most successful pilots of the BoB served as an observer in Chennault's 14th Army later on scoring at least 2 kills over Japan fighters. After the service in 303rd the aeroplane was transferred to 452 Australian Sq. Famous Irish ace Brendan 'Paddy' Finnucane used her to score 3 kills and a couple of team kills too.
Here is Spitfire MkIIA RF-W (for Wojtek), 303 Sq RAF (Polish), Northolt station, Spring 1941.

The site does not correct the size of the pics. They are rather large so I had to use reducing function of hosting page. PB does it loosing quality on the process. Anybody eager to see the pics in full resolution is welcomed here:
http://www.pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=35803
The pics are on 1,3 and 4 site of the thread.

The last two pics came with a lot of help of a friend Sebastian Pitoń. These have been taken in a neighbourhood of my place. There was an airstrip before. The French 'Normandie-Niemen' Yaks used to station here for a while during IIWW time.

Hope, watching the gallery was not a lost time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:15 pm 

Wow, excellent work!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:55 pm 

That is brilliant, lovely work. The cockpit and engine, great detail. :spit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:36 am 

Wow! Amazing job - I love the weathering - almost makes it a living, breathing miniature version of the original!

Mike

:spit2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 am 

Absolutely fantastic build! I love all the little details you added, especialy considering the scale!