Switch to full style
I know alot of you build models, here's a place for you to discuss model related items and to post pictures of your projects.
Post a reply

1/48 Corsair for Museum Display

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey guys. My dad completed another one! This time it's an 1/48th scale Corsair for the Connecticut Air & Space Center display called "Home Town Heroes". This Corsair has been finished in the markings of Nicholas Mainiero, local WWII Corsair pilot and recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross!

The base color is Model Master Intermediate Blue. All the other shading and hues were achieved with pastel chalks applied by scrubbing or brushing with Q-Tips or paint brushes. The lighting for the pictures washes out a lot of the detail of the weathering. She'll be installed in a new display soon at the museum! Stay tuned.

Re: 1/48 Corsair for Museum Display

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Very, very nice! The weathering is very subtle and understated, which is exactly the opposite of what far too many modelers do. This is one of the best early Corsair models I've ever seen anywhere, and I've seen a LOT of them.

:drink3:

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Thanks! My father said he's very appreciative for the kind words about the model. We'll have the display hopefully done in the next few months.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Warbird Kid wrote:Thanks! My father said he's very appreciative for the kind words about the model. We'll have the display hopefully done in the next few months.

Tell him I know a little bit about Corsair models, having built a couple of them myself--though never (so far) an early one. I'm much better at squirting the simple Glossy Sea Blue schemes, so specialize in the later models (-1C/D through -7). :wink:

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 am

That's a real beauty Dennis! Nicely done.

Hi to you to Chris. Hope things are good with you folks.

Andy
Post a reply