Switch to full style
I know alot of you build models, here's a place for you to discuss model related items and to post pictures of your projects.
Post a reply

Rubber ppwered Miles Magister

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 pm

I recently decided to take a trip down memory lane and build a rubber powered free flight model, my first in over twenty-five years. After looking at a couple hundred different sets of plans I finally decided to design my own model and the Miles Magister was the chosen subject. Wing span is 33 3/4 inches (1/12 scale) and the model is entirely balsa save for the two windscreens and the two small intakes on the cowl. I even made my own wheels from balsa which was something I had been wanting to try for a long time. I am still in the flight trimming stages at this point but the airplane is showing good potential despite being about 20% heavier than desired. I have already reworked the plans in anticipation of building another which will be lighter among many other improvements. It has been a wonderful return to my flying model roots and I will certainly be building more free flight birds in the future.

Re: Rubber ppwered Miles Magister

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Really impressive build. Great work!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:44 am

Very cool!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for checking in gents and for the kind remarks, much appreciated.
Post a reply