Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: My Vintage Website
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:25 pm 
Hi guys,
Just wanted to invite you to take a look at my website. It's dedicated to the Fairchild 24, but there are other vintage airplanes on the Oshkosh pages and Tailwheels in the Grass, a book I'm working on.

The address is

www.fairchild24.com

thanks for viewing!

don

Post subject: Fairchild 24
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:14 pm 

Thanks Don for letting us know about your site. Very interesting with lots of variety. If you ever get the urge to do a website devoted to the Fairchild 24 let me know and I'll contribute some photos. You may have current antiques but I'll wager you don't have the RAF 24W for the British Embassy Air Attache, or the black and orange CAA inspectiors 24W on floats etc.....

Post subject: Fairchild Website
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:39 am 
Hi Bill,

>>>I'll contribute some photos. You may have current antiques but I'll wager you don't have the RAF 24W for the British Embassy Air Attache, or the black and orange CAA inspectiors 24W on floats etc.....<<<<<<

I'd love to have them!!! I'm collecting everything I can on F-24's. I"ve just been taking pix since '73, so I don't have very much at all.

I'd make a new page and give you attribuion for your pictures.

You don't have any Zenith Z6a pictures lying around do you? We have the only flying one left and I'm trying to put together a small booklet on it for the media. We're planning on taking it to OSH next year. (would have gone this year, but it's a long story...)

Thanks

don

Post subject: web site
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:00 am 

Don,

Great site! Look foward to seeing more of your pictures. Also... announce on here when your books is out. Should be able to help sell a few!

Since you are based there in St. Louis maybe you can help me with a picture. I have a Spartan Executive page on my web site and need a picture of the one is in Johns shop. Think you could help? My next project is a Lockheed 10 and 12 page. Busy sorting my pictures and will launch that page soon. Anyway... let me know if you need any vintage airplane pictures from North Texas.

Post subject: fairchild 24
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

great restoration. the ortner brothers of ortner airlines wakeman ohio owned 1 in the 50's & 60's, it was at 1 time owned by earl "early" winn who was 1 of the earliest members of the cleveland indians baseball team, & his particular plane was supposedly flown at one time by charles lindbergh. interesting fyi i thought you'd enjoy. regards, tom

Post subject: Great site
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:33 pm 

The website is a great site for people that love planes. You have done a great job the plane too. Keep up the great job.

Cheers
Scott