Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Spartans and Lockheeds
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:45 am 

Since I am a huge Vintage AND Warbird wing nut this forum is a great addition to the line up!

My web site has a section dedicated to the Spartan Executive and in the works is one for the Lockheed 10 and 12. Anyone with pictures of any of those types please send them my way! A few other types are under consideration... Ryan ST series... maybe some for the rare Wacos.

www.dtlinn.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:23 am 
Potato

C170BDan, we do have the same tase in aircraft. I have pictures of the Lockheed 12 based at Hayward. It was at the Moffett airshow last year. Very beautiful airplane. If it's back this year, I'll get somemore. Let me know were you want the pic's sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:47 pm 
Aerial Pirate

OP, you must be in the northern parts of these woods? Would that plane happen to look like this by any chance, and flown by the Perra Brothers out of Hayward Executive Airport?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:16 pm 
Potato

Thats the one! Your picture kicks ass on mine though. I got to look inside of it too, Its totally pimped out on the inside too.
Roger, you're everwhere man. I was looking up another vintage plane, and you came up all over the place. I like your work. Are you going to be at moffett this weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:20 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Thanks, I do hit a lot of shows. I took a series of those during the Wings of History airshow at Moffett several years ago. Those are the skyline hills west of Moffett. I will be at Moffett on Sunday, will you be there still, or are you just going on Friday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:36 pm 
Potato

I'll go friday morning/early afternoon, Saturday, And probably sunday. I can't get enough of the Heritage flight. I missed it at the airfield on saturday last year because of the crash. I caught part of the sunday flight from my balcony. I watched the Thunderbirds violate all of the noise abatement rules over mountain view and palo alto this afternoon. That was just awesome! If you're there, I'll walk over. Thats the good deal about living just off of Moffett Blvd. I'll see you on sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:40 pm 
Aerial Pirate

I'll be hanging around the media booth, wearing an Aussie hat. Look for my picture on the members pages. I think the charge is $15 to get in, so don't go out of your way..........Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:29 pm 
Aerial Pirate

OP,

Did you make it to the Moffett Show? I was there on Sunday, and thought the Lear 23 demo was quite impressive. I first thought to myself, what can this jet do that we haven't seen before? And although it didn't do anymore than the L-39 team did, I must admit, I was impressed by what it could do! Also enjoyed the Interstate out-of-control routine, I've seen it before at Reno, so I knew what to expect, but still some darn good flying.

Went to Merced yesterday for their Fly-In and got to ride with Rick Scott in his Cessna 195A, that made my day..............Roger :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:41 pm 
Potato

Roger Cain wrote:
OP,

Did you make it to the Moffett Show? I was there on Sunday, and thought the Lear 23 demo was quite impressive. I first thought to myself, what can this jet do that we haven't seen before? And although it didn't do anymore than the L-39 team did, I must admit, I was impressed by what it could do! Also enjoyed the Interstate out-of-control routine, I've seen it before at Reno, so I knew what to expect, but still some darn good flying.

Went to Merced yesterday for their Fly-In and got to ride with Rick Scott in his Cessna 195A, that made my day..............Roger :D

The lear was great! Who woulda thunk it. The outta control got me, when the aileron fell off of the plane, I said to my brother, "thats it, that guy's toast". I was there sunday, everytime I went looking for the media tent, I got sidetracked by beer, airplanes and cool people. 195 is really cool, I need to get out meet somemore people, people with 195's :D I'll catch you at the next one....when/where is the next one?

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:08 pm 
Aerial Pirate

I'll be at Yuba City/ Marysville for the EAA Golden West air show on June 19th and maybe the 20th, depending on the warbird turnout on Saturday. http://www.goldenwestflyin.org/gwaahome.shtml
Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:56 am 
Potato

Roger Cain wrote:
I'll be at Yuba City/ Marysville for the EAA Golden West air show on June 19th and maybe the 20th, depending on the warbird turnout on Saturday. http://www.goldenwestflyin.org/gwaahome.shtml
Roger

I was there Roger! What did you think? Loved all of the T28s and T6's. Was about 100yds away from the rc jet crash. Had a great time. Where to next?

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:00 am 
Potato

C170BDan , I got a couple of pics of lockheed(ish) kinda airplanes. One looked like a 12, but it was stripped out on the inside, looked like a transport. Roger probably knows what it was.

Roger, It was next to the B-25......

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject: Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:57 am 

Hey Bon,

If you have pictures please send them my way...

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:09 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Hi Dan and Bon,

The plane next to the B-25 was a Beech 18 twin. It was highly polished and had the interesting fairings over the side windows. There was another twin Beech like it parked down in the clasic/experimental area.

I missed the RC jet crash, as I was visiting with some friends over at their Waco. I got there at 7:30am and left around 6:00pm. Kent Carlomagno brought in his Yak-11 around 4:30pm if you didn't see it.

My next big show is in Michigan at the Willow Run/Thunder over Michigan show in August, followed by the PCAM show at Santa Rosa...........Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:28 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Oh yeah, Bon, you asked what I thought of the show? The experimental and classic collection was great, but the antiques were almost non-existant again. The schedule was supposed to have some warbird flying, but other than the Stearman, T-6's, and T-28's, three of each, that part was disappointing. Yes, Eddie and Getch flew, but that was it.

Would like to have seen a second pass by the T-38's and U-2 also, but even once was better than nothing.

I knew quite a few people there, so that helped with my enjoyment of the show, and the media people were good to me............Roger