Switch to full style
A Forum for those interest in vintage NON-military aircraft
Post a reply

Re: Replica WW1 Aerodrome in Ohio

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Working on the interior of the Watch Office. Have a campaign desk and 1915 Victrola. Records include "It's a long way to Tipperary" and "Archibald, Certainly Not!".
Next comes a proper tea kettle, cupboard and set. Stop by for a spot on tea, won't you?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 am

Now THAT is COOL! Congrats on the progress, and the beautiful bird as well!

In my "day job" I work Ops for FAR Part-139 (air carrier) airports, so I'm used to having to dig through AC's and the like for airfield specifications. If I can help in any way shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can.

-Brandon

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:08 pm

It would be easy to get a Waco in and out of there. SNJ5, you list San A as your address but are building your aerodrome in Ohio? Do you know any of the Waco bunch at Dayton Moraine?
If you've lived or been stationed in San Antonio, have you ever been out to Pioneer Flight Museum at Kingsbury? WWI a/c, vehicles, enactors and other period stuff.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Canso42 wrote:If you've lived or been stationed in San Antonio, have you ever been out to Pioneer Flight Museum at Kingsbury? WWI a/c, vehicles, enactors and other period stuff.

I wonder if they ever got their WW1 vintage hanger project reassembled? It was one of the originals used by the 1st Aero Squadron near Ft. Sam Houston.
www.pioneerflightmuseum.org

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Airnutz, no it hasn't been re-assembled yet.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice work. It's been a pleasure watching your progress online.

BTW, I live only about 5 miles away. :)

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:52 pm

RacingMustang wrote:Nice work. It's been a pleasure watching your progress online.

BTW, I live only about 5 miles away. :)

Thanks!
As soon as the floodwaters clear, we'll open for spring! :)

www.facebook.com/AerodromeLesNoyers

Post a reply