Switch to full style
A Forum for those interest in vintage NON-military aircraft
Post a reply

B-18 Info Required

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:31 pm

I came upon this image a few years ago and saved it on y computer. I then seem to have forgotten about it until I recently found it again. I don't remember where I got it from and neglected to keep track of where. Could anyone help me out?

It seems to be an advertisement of some kind, perhaps from a magazine. What squadron/airforce did it belong to? Are there any other images of it?

Chris

Re: B-18 Info Required

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:37 am

Howdy Chris, a Bolo named JONAH? Maybe an instructional airframe at an AAF School? Looks like a page from an Army Air Force class book from a Bombigator School? Found a coupla examples of such "On Course" class books from San Angelo, Childress, and Deming AAF schools. Click on "O" in the alphabet in the following link for somesuch books starting with the 3rd example....
http://aafcollection.info/items/list.php

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks of that, airnutz. Sorry for wait for my reply. Been down with the flu and a sinus infection.

Chris

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Well, I looked through all 12 On Course entries they have but no joy.

Chris

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:23 pm

dogsbodymk1 wrote:Well, I looked through all 12 On Course entries they have but no joy.

Chris

Sorry DBmk1 for the slow reply. The link was meant as an example of what I was noting. You'd think those books would be standardized, but the local printer or base appeared to have their hand in on the content. Keep an eye out for the early war class books from San Angelo. As I understand, with a shortage of training bombers for awhile, San Angelo had to use B-18's. As you may note in the later books the aircraft were mostly Beech's. Good luck in your hunt.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks. Will continue the search.

Chris
Post a reply