Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Texaco Navion N4851K
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:20 pm 

Somebody out there looking for info on it. Yes, I know where Ryan 4851K ended up. Matter of fact I'm looking at it right now. She's in TXANG colors now, and down with some prop trouble, but she was flying in the past year.

I am looking for information on this plane's history as well. Especially interested in paint profiles this plane used to wear, because I eventually intend to re-paint when I get a chance. The original interior is still installed, a red leather on red fabric with gold piping, definitely a Texaco scheme. We found a B&W photo (lousy angle) of N4851K in Texaco markings in an Air Classics issue, but it is only mentioned briefly, and I can't pull anything useful out of the markings.

*BTB this aircraft is now co-owned by Robert Allanson Parcell and Douglas Fulk, based out of Justin, TX area flying community Propwash (16XS)*

Post subject: Re: Texaco Navion N4851K
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 pm 

I purchased N4851K in Feb 99 from an old pilot in Mineola, Texas. I kept the plane at Mesquite and flew it regularly to Colorado Springs and Mississippi. It was a great bird and I really hated to sell her. The biggest problem was finding an AP that understood the complexities of a fifty-year old airplane. The hydraulics were a continual issue with her. That said, there was nothing like flying her into a new airport and watching heads turn as we taxied up to the parking area!!! I'm glad she found a good home.

Here is a link to some of the photos I still have of her: http://70.114.41.164/sites/Ken/N4851K/F ... Items.aspx

You may have to cut and paste this into your browser.

Ken Hines

Post subject: Re: Texaco Navion N4851K
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2824&p=22673&hilit=Texaco+navion#p22673

Above is the link to my original post. I was hunting for an article to get more Texaco history with some Navion photos. I dug around for some original photos of this ship. Never did find one.