Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bdk wrote:
All the mod work except 787 is moving to Long Beach. They should be opening up a bunch of engineering requisitions in January I hear.

Fingers crossed-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It just keeps getting better, the International Headquarters of the IAMAW (in D.C.) has agreed with the company to allow a vote on Jan. 3rd. on the latest 'not a lot of change' contract offer that was rejected out of hand by the local as 'more of nothing', pretty much talking over the heads of the membership of the local who are directly involved.

The latest 'offer' maintains the 20 years to top out in pay as opposed to the 6 years that's been in effect for several contracts, a very small concession on dental coverage, and while the 'signing bonus' amount has been raised from $10 K to $15 K, the final $5K will not be paid out until 2020, what are the odds a lot of those there now will still be there in 6 1/2 years? (keeping in mind that the MDC crowd who took over after the merger pretty much ran off every old hand and those pay grades who knew how to get stuff done and creating a vast milling pool of grade 4 sheep who can almost find their way to and from the parking lots and don't, as a group, know XXXX from Shinola. The next contract will be in 2016, this 'offer' is to extend the extension they got out of the membership a couple years ago to agree to build the 787 in Everett and they weaseled on that.
:bs: :angry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

More fallout from the Boeing/IAM contract. Local 751 President Tom Wrobleski has announced he is retiring two years before his term as local President expires.
Not a great loss, he is pretty much a company lap dog.