Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions pertaining to Air Racing and Aerobatics of NON-Warbird aircraft. In addition this is the place to discuss General Aviation aircraft topics and yes Michael, that includes flying Lawnmowers :)
Post a reply

Need info on the props used on P-51C Thunderbird racer......

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:14 pm

I am doing a 1/32nd scale model of the P-51C that was owned and raced by Jimmy Stewart. I have scratched in the vertical fillet, changed the cockpit and radio compartment. Now, what is stumping me is that in the info on this bird, it says that when the A/C was stripped down to reduce weight the Ham Stand "cuffed" props were replaced by "un-cuffed" Aeroproduct props. Now the photos that I can use to make out the props all seem to show the flat oval Ham Stand logo on the props, although there is a photo of the A/C with the pile of removed parts, including the "cuffed" Ham Stand props. The Aeroproducts logo is a round decal, not to be mistaken for the Ham Stand. The site with the best photos for the props on this A/C is ......https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/jacki ... er-n5528n/ If anyone has solid info on this I would really appreciate hearing from you. If anyone has info on any more photos of this A/C I would appreciate a heads up on this as well.
Post a reply