Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions pertaining to Air Racing and Aerobatics of NON-Warbird aircraft. In addition this is the place to discuss General Aviation aircraft topics and yes Michael, that includes flying Lawnmowers :)
Post a reply

He 162

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:20 am

Looking at photos of the jet powered Sub-sonex homebuilt got me to wondering if somebody might ever attempt a 2/3 or 3/4 scale He-162. It wasn't a large plane so I would guess a piloted scale version would have to be 75% or so.

Re: He 162

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Elwyn wrote:Looking at photos of the jet powered Sub-sonex homebuilt got me to wondering if somebody might ever attempt a 2/3 or 3/4 scale He-162. It wasn't a large plane so I would guess a piloted scale version would have to be 75% or so.

You're right, it isn't a big airplane. I was right up next to the one at the RAF museum at Hendon last fall. It was tiny, compared to the othr WWII aircraft. I think a full sized replica might be almost as doable as a scaled down version.

Re: He 162

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:29 am

I thought the same, Kyleb, although I've not had the pleasure of seeing one in person. It strikes me as a very hot ship, maybe that's why we've not seen it yet.
Post a reply