Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

SOLD! The 3rd Air Force unit book from 1943-1944 or so. No date, but MG Westside Larson is the commanding general pictured in the book and the one who wrote the forward. The book condition is fair on a condition scale of poor-fair-good-very good-excellent, but only because there is a set of stains on the center edge of the first few pages and the binding is a bit worn. Otherwise, I would call it good condition. Well illustrated history of the Medium Bombardment Replacement Training Units, including one African-American squadron. It's full of photos, similar to a high-school yearbook, and I really like the book. But I'm not a 3rd Air Force Collector. Price is $SOLD and that includes shipping to anywhere in the US. I accept checks or money orders. Interesting offers of trade also considered. PM if you have any questions.

Last edited by Forgotten Field on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am 

Forgotten Field,

I was born in the Station Hospital, Barksdale Field in Jan, 1944. I am interested in purchasing a specific Barksdale Field 3rd Air Force yearbook. To determine if your book is the one I am interested in, can you please tell me what pages the history of the Medium Bombardment Replacement Training Units is on and the name of each Lt. Col. listed in the R.T.U.

Thank you,
AAB44

Forgotten Field wrote:
The 3rd Air Force unit book from 1943-1944 or so. No date, but MG Westside Larson is the commanding general pictured in the book and the one who wrote the forward. The book condition is fair on a condition scale of poor-fair-good-very good-excellent, but only because there is a set of stains on the center edge of the first few pages and the binding is a bit worn. Otherwise, I would call it good condition. Well illustrated history of the Medium Bombardment Replacement Training Units, including one African-American squadron. It's full of photos, similar to a high-school yearbook, and I really like the book. But I'm not a 3rd Air Force Collector. Price is $75.00 and that includes shipping to anywhere in the US. I accept checks or money orders. Interesting offers of trade also considered. PM if you have any questions.