Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:58 am 

Still going crazy trying to weed through all this stuff!
Just came across three large cartons of large envelopes with individual folders and original records of a lot of the vintage aircraft we parted out, in our old aircraft salvage yard. Mostly 30s-60s aircraft. Some just have a Data tag/mfr.tag with serial etc... and some have a mfr. data tag, matching log books, old registration and Bill of Sale, and cert of airworthiness PLUS more records in the envelopes. Cannot describe all, unitl I get a specific request. Each ne is different, of course. First box I opened had a LOT of old Pipers including J-3s, and Luscombe As through Fs, Stinsons, Aeroncas, Ercoupe, Funk and lots of oddballs. If you need anything like this, let me know. Might be some "L" birds in there, too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm 

Were there any papers to P51's, AT6, P40's or other WWII fighters?
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 pm 

Sorry; No big warbirds/trainers. I think Dad only had the one T-6 (had to fly it to PA to deliver it, which was included in the selling price of $2,300 :D ) I saw a couple of L-birds in these papers, though..Most of the papers for civil Classics and antiques.
(and just plain "obsolete..) from our aircraft salvage yard.We were just blue-collar guys, so could only afford the "older" stuff. Eventually... after some decades, they became "vintage.
I do have some fairly rare original wartime documents & photos, negatives, from the Curtiss Wright archive files. Some good P-40 and details, testing etc., of course, and a file on P-51 with some of the early versions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm 

Any Sikorsky stuff, S-55/H-19, S-58, etc?

Craig

Facebook Groups:

U.S. Marine Corps Sikorsky HRS / CH-19 Helicopter Database
U.S. Coast Guard Sikorsky HO4S / HH-19 Helicopter Database

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:39 pm 

Hi Craig;
Sorry, no Sikorsky data or registration tags or paperwork. Main Sikorsky stuff, here is some boxes with approx 600 Sikorsky negatives, (all sizes) in word-wide use, and approx 200 photo prints (mostly post card SIZE, but NOT postcards..)
PM, or email me, if you are looking for anything specific that might be in there, and I'll take a look.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 am 

Any 50's era stuff? F-84, T-33?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:49 pm 

barnbstormer wrote:
Hi Craig;
Sorry, no Sikorsky data or registration tags or paperwork. Main Sikorsky stuff, here is some boxes with approx 600 Sikorsky negatives, (all sizes) in word-wide use, and approx 200 photo prints (mostly post card SIZE, but NOT postcards..)
PM, or email me, if you are looking for anything specific that might be in there, and I'll take a look.

PM sent - thanks.

Craig

Facebook Groups:

U.S. Marine Corps Sikorsky HRS / CH-19 Helicopter Database
U.S. Coast Guard Sikorsky HO4S / HH-19 Helicopter Database

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:04 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Banrbstormer....Sent you a PM a bit back, if it didn't come through, will resend or can send by regular email if necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 pm 

Hi Craig;
Sorry I missed your PM, earlier. Just took a look and don't see what you are looking for. I have a LOT of Luscombe, Piper, Stinson, Aeronca and numerous oddballs, papework and tag packages. Think I will try to make a list of all of them..Especially any of the L-birds. Bit hectic right now, as I went a bit overboard and put more than 50 items on the "-Bay" this week. Today, while looking fo more, I found a pretty good bunch of Original Military aircraft Original manuals including Corsair, various PTs, B-24s, PB4Y-2 and lot of later and some miltary helicopters etc etc. Along with all the early Cessnas 120/140/170/190/195 etc and put them back on the shelf. Found an absolutely Stunning orig Color Stearman brochure, Monocoach, St. Louis Cardinal, Aeronca C-2 & 3s, Heath catalogues back to 1914. Liberties, Axelsons, Gnomes, Clergets, Hispano-Suiza, Wright, etc etc etc, couple of hundred, need to take SMALL steps, so I don't get overwhelmed. Hundreds of Original brochures/ catalogues from pre-WWI on up; Fleetwings, American Eagle, Kinner, LWF, Orenco, Salmson, Curtiss Flyin boats, Monocoupe, Verville, Grumman J2F, Keane, Djinn helicopters, Verville, Aeromarine, a bunch of Original WWII German aircraft & engines manuals, like Me410-A, Henschel 129, JU-88, various Arados, various DB 600 series engines with oddballs, Junkers, Travel Air, Moth, Trimmer Amphibian, Szekely Flying Dutchman, Mowhawk Pinto, hundreds of engine manuals & catalogues from pre-WWI (Lots) on up through some of the post WWII Airliner stuff& in-between.., uniform, goggle, and aero clothing catalogues and intrument catalogues, Parts catalogues back to pre-WWI and up through WWII. Long runs of original aero periodicals back to 1894 and on up in all languages, all countries ...160,000 photos & negs. albums full of signed aviation history and history makers and company archives/photos/documents...Been scanning in a LOT of the covers and hope to find new homes for most. .Gotta take it one step at a time, I guess!! :?