Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Request For Assistance
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 am 

Gentlemen:

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is John Dienst. For your information, I’m the co-author of the book that is entitled, “North American F-51 Mustangs in Latin American Air Force Service”, that was published by Aerofax, Inc.
I'm writing to recruit photographic contributors to several of my projects.

For your information, over the last several years, I've been writing two extensive manuscripts covering the first thirty years of civilian Mustang operations, as well as a complete all inclusive history. Since I was forced into retirement, I've been trying to gain the interest of several publishers. Much to my dismay, most of the publishers want me to include current photographs of the Mustangs I'm covering in my writing projects.

Unfortunately, medical problems, as well as my untimely retirement, have prevented me from attending the major air shows. Therefore, my collection is sorely lacking current photographic material concerning the Mustang.

Specifically, I'm interested in obtaining high resolution scans that are uncluttered full side views of civilian P-51 Mustangs. Of course, you will receive full credit where credit is due.

Presently, both of my manuscripts are nearing completion. Please contact me at the following E-mail Address: dienst.john@gmail.com. Any assistance you can give to me will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

John L. Dienst