Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 am 

This is a unique set of larger format original WWII Curtiss Wright Company negatives, that recorded the P40F tests, Numerous large format original negatives showing armament, details, props, with test pilot , and loading crew etc. Would put them on Ebay but too many to show there, and would be a shame to break them up. They should easily fetch $20 and Up, each, as the details that can be gleaned by high res scanning are fantastic. 20 negatives in the Original negative film box, pulled from the file drawers of Curtiss Wright Company archives. Date on box says Develop before Nov 1942, and top of the Eastman Kodak film box is marked 20 exposed P-40F. Neg size is 3 1/4 x 4 1/4, and obviously of photos taken by with best equipment by professional photographer. Keep them together for $399 or if no interest, will start oferring them individually on Ebay. Rare Orig WWII Factory stuff, and one-of-a-kind P-40 history and details. *Sample image here show one neg scan and a closeup of the prop detail in that photo.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 am 

Dang... I'd hate to see them split up, but I simply haven't the money. :(

Good luck with 'em...

Fade to Black...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Grief!!! Man don't split them up. :wink: Contact me via PM, I'll buy them and donate them to Peter-four-oh if he's interested. Thanks for taking good care of them.

M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:17 am 

Mark, that's a very kind offer... but I would be in your debt and, with the way things are going right now, it would probably be quite some time before I could repay you. :(

Thank you for offering, though. :drink3:

Fade to Black...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No need for repayment, just continue to caretake from one set of good hands to the other, as I know you would. You guys let me know if there's anything I can help with. Glad to do it. Looks like some real priceless stuff there that hopefully we can keep together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

These are still here. Trying to hold the Unique historic group, together.
Legendary Test pilot Herb Fisher is in 18 of these negatives. (as shown in above sample-There are also some great large closeups of him in his flight test gear, and numerous others in P-40 cockpit) He was the only civilian pilot to be awarded the USAAF’s Air Medal. He had more time in P-40s, and flew more different P-40s, than any other pilot. he even participated in 50 combat missions, although a civilian. Then there are ALSO all the minute details to be gleaned by enlarging these Original large negatives from the WWII Curtiss Company files.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:36 pm 

SOLD!
Happy to say that the set was sold INTACT, a while ago. I would have hated to break them up. I "think" the buyer was a Wixer...