Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm 

Orig Ex Smithsonian Exhibits, Famous Hubbell vintage aero paintings FS
Most are Circa 1929, from 1961 All Hubbell exhibition. Solid provenance and documentation.
Highest quality museum-grade art, and historic importance

Famous Original Charles Hubbell paintings that were exhibited at The Smithsonianin 1960-61
After collecting major aero items for 46 years, and supplying many World-wide major aero museums with rare and historic planes, engines, parts, original art, aero company archives, and exhibit items, I am continuing the clearance pricing of $1000 off of regular price of past decades. I just sent out another one, (Smithsonian exhibit # 509, 1913 Curtiss Flying Boat) So get one of these very historic Original Hubbell framed watecolor aviation paintings, while they last. More than half of them are now sold. How cool is it to have to enjoy it yourself, OR, to show visitors a famous aviation painting that was once part of a major Smithsonian Exhibition, by one of the most popular aviation artists of the 20th Century? These were Hubbell’s personal favorites, and he would never sell them, and hung them in his own home. He had ony “loaned” them to the Smithsonian for the all Hubbell Exhibition, as shown, below. Lots more documentation and provenance if interested.

You may see numerous others of the Hubbell framed watercolors, on my website “memaerobilia.com” noting which ones have sold, and those that are still available. Suitable for any collector, or museum or special gift etc. Hubbell’s son told me that he generally switched from water colors to oils, around 1928-29. These are painted on professional artist board, (not paper) and the colors are bright and crisp, as the day he painted them. Most of them still have the Smithsonian exhibit # stuck in the bottom right of the frames. Original frames and under glass, with more info on back of most. Reduced from $2,900 (at which many previously sold, in years past) to $1900 plus shippping. Much of the other original famous aviation art on my website (oils, caseins, brush pens, etc) is now greatly reduced, up to half price. Will supply more info and details on request. Take a look…

1914 Farman Military Aeroplane (Smithsonian Exhibit # 514)
*One of the earliest "warbirds"

One of the photos shows it hanging in Charles Hubbell’s own home
The First Curtiss tractor plane, forerunner of the Curtiss Jenny (Smithsonian exhibit # 507)