Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 pm 

Almost impossible to find, today, in any type of "run". Even single year pre-1938 editions rarely come on the market.

I spent over 40 years filling in missing years. Have MY set, I have used regularly to solve all kinds of information needs, identities, and puzzles about odd aircraft (& aero engines, airships etc)all over the world, for writing articles and researching aircraft and parts and history. Wiki cannot compare to this..
Too hard to list on Ebay, with all different International shipping rates (heavy mailing weight, whether one or all)and detailed descriptions I can discuss by email..

I have years from 1928-1940. (Missing only 1932)Some very good, others very used and a bit rough-but still contain ALL that valuable info and photos, I use all the time. Pre-war and 1930s Janes last four sales were all in high$400, and RARELY get offered. The earlier, the harder to find and higher priced. Asking $3,500 plus shipping,for ALL 12 of them, with so many early ones, in there. Details on request.

I can also offer another 25 years or so (50s, 60s, 70s & 80s) of more modern Janes, if interested, these ARE offered a lot, and are pretty inexpensive, *If you want to pay shipping.
Almost pays to come and pick them up in NW Florida, near Interstate 10.

I can offer a dealer package of 60 Janes, (open to offers) including some post war duplicates, but all originals, not reprints. Almost all still have orig bindings, though some of the older ones may be rough, I'd rather have a rough original binding, than a re-bound one

Would be a fine acquistion for any Museum or university library.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:25 pm 

This group of rare early Janes is open to offers...