Switch to full style
This section is for the buying and selling of model kits, parts, tools, supplies, designs, etc...
Post a reply

Monogram 1/48 Avenger and Corsair clear plastic parts needed

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Does anyone have spares? I need them to finish these models from the 60's. Thanks!

Re: Monogram 1/48 Avenger and Corsair clear plastic parts needed

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I don't have spares of these models anymore. It is really hard to find these plastic parts. The best option is to find someone who sells the entire machine but then it would be too expensive.
Last edited by Frodoro on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 pm

...or, go online to sqadron shop and see what they have in vac formed stuff, they really cover some oddball aircraft canopies.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I believe that the Corsair kit is in production, it is listed on their site as kit 85-5248. Go to revell.com and search the website for spare parts ordering. They will usually send them free if you haven't asked for parts before. This is the same kit that has been around for the past 50+ years.
As far as the Avenger, ask them about that kit also, as they may have a stock of spare parts. Otherwise look around model shows or go to ebay and you will probably find the Avenger kit pretty cheap as everyone seems to want the AM kits as they are much more detailed in the 1/48 scale. Also on ebay, you might find incomplete kits that may have all the parts you need.
Failing those steps above, go to a local hobbyshop and see if there are any modeling clubs in your area, or if not, contact information for some other clubs. Ususally you will be able to get an address and you can contact them and put the word out about what you are looking for.
It might take a bit of leg work, but I bet you will find what you need.

Re: Monogram 1/48 Avenger and Corsair clear plastic parts ne

Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:04 pm

I have a canopy from an unfinished Avenger. PM me if interested.
Post a reply