Switch to full style
This section will be used as a repository for the picture rich posts that occasionally occur.
Post a reply

BlackSheep Squadron Photo Auction - SOLD!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:00 pm

As before 25 4 x 6 glossies minimum bid $50.00 and has always wix gets a cut. Scott will decide the duration of the auction. Usually 10 days or so.
Post your questions here and bid by PM 8)
Lt John F. Bolt 6 kills
Capt Henry A. McCartney 5 kills
F4U-1A #829
Magee & Boyington
VMF-214
Marine's Dream
Ed Olander
Pappy
Glenn Bowers
Boyington taxies in
Last edited by Jack Cook on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:41 pm

Its nice to see the original Marines Dream.

Busta

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:48 am

Not like that it isn't :(
I see she was a birdcage :shock:

Phil

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Jack,

Do you have any pics of Ed Harper? He lived here in Saint Charles, MO and the times that I met him he was a great guy, very humble and a true gentleman.

???

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:03 pm

I have a photo of Ed landing a F4U at Torokina Airstrip in Jan. 1944
and a shot of him and Bill Heier at Torokina.

??

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:21 pm

I do have a shot of Harper and Bill Heier on Bouganville by a line-up of Corsairs.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Marines dream is on there ...Thats nice to see the real bird for once...I always wonder why that Marines Dream Corsair today has a #19 on it ?

Re: BlackSheep Squadron Photo Auction - SOLD!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi guys,
I've been looking for more photos of Ed Olander's "Marine's Dream", because I think I noticed something on the wreckage photos. Maybe this is old news, but it's new to me.... looking at the photo of "Marine's Dream" being hoisted out of the ditch, is it just me, or does the back window behind the canopy look like it had been fared over? I know some planes had the back windows fared over, but did the Blacksheep ever do this?

Like I said, this may be old news, but I've never heard of Olander's plane having the back windows fared over.

V.C.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 am

I'm no expert on WWII USMC markings...is there any significance to the 3 digit numbers on the fuselage?

Part of a Bu No, or perhaps a wing/squadron number?
Were they common in that area?

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 am

wht happened to the two corsairs ? was it an accident or did it just happen that way
Post a reply