Switch to full style
This section will be used as a repository for the picture rich posts that occasionally occur.
Post a reply

Re: Airtanker Memories

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm

WallyB wrote:
Ztex wrote:As for new tankers....there is this idea.

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/p ... 72#p401572

BAe146-200 air tanker.
Seems to me USFS has decided never to use converted airliners again.

As I posted before they are unlikely to buy CL415s or Berievs (NIH ?) so it looks like SEATs and Bells from here on.
The existing type 4s will soldier on until they fall apart, hopefully NOT in the air, and they are just memories like the above.

I believe Aero Union has certain licensing certifications and rights to the P3 airframe now, which translated, basically says they can produce the thing until they don't want to anymore. Kind of like Erickson's deal with Sikorsky and the "Crane".

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:55 pm

TBM tanker footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZcMuux3z4

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Dothan, Al. late 70's?

photo from collection of Dave P.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:18 pm

All these are Dave's pics..from his days of Poon flying with Dothan Av.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm

GARY HILTON wrote:Image

What tail number was this one?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

B 25 C wrote:
GARY HILTON wrote:Image

What tail number was this one?

Her USAAF s/n is 44-8543. Her FAA civil reg is N3701G. The warbird community knows her as CHUCKIE! (If you knew where to look under that right wing, you could still see some of the damage that was poorly repaired, especially on the #4 engine nacelle).

Cheers,
Dean K5DH
Vintage Flying Museum
Crew chief, F-86F 52-4689
(and former Chuckie crew member!)

Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 am

Anyone remember or have any photos of Lynch Air Tankers fleet of tanked A-26's from '65 - '90..??
They operated quite a few (I believe 9) with a nice collection of spares and whatnot...
I may have a few left-over pix of them and will try and post as I get them downloaded..

Cheers,

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Anyone know if there is any video footage online of an F7F Tigercat operating as a tanker? I have searched everywhere I can think of have found video of just about every tanker variety except that one.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:58 pm

hate those photo bucket things ... all older pictures in that thread are gone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fantastic thread

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Matthias Dorst wrote:hate those photo bucket things ... all older pictures in that thread are gone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fantastic thread

Too many people downloading the pics drove his account over the max bandwidth. It should reset after a certain amount of time and they will be back.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 pm

MX304 wrote:
Matthias Dorst wrote:hate those photo bucket things ... all older pictures in that thread are gone :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fantastic thread

Too many people downloading the pics drove his account over the max bandwidth. It should reset after a certain amount of time and they will be back.

Ahhhh....Aero-pron!!! Download away.....

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm

MX304 wrote:Anyone know if there is any video footage online of an F7F Tigercat operating as a tanker? I have searched everywhere I can think of have found video of just about every tanker variety except that one.

Phil Wallick produced a video back in the 80's called "FIRE BOMBER", which had some incredable footage of the F7F's in action, as well as the AF-2.

Phillip Wallick Photography
P.O. Box 3699
Chico, Ca. 95927
(530)877-0352

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 am

Lt51506 wrote:Phil Wallick produced a video back in the 80's called "FIRE BOMBER", which had some incredable footage of the F7F's in action, as well as the AF-2.

Phillip Wallick Photography
P.O. Box 3699
Chico, Ca. 95927
(530)877-0352
Video listed on Amazon.com.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Need some new photos on this thread, I'm in need of a fix!!!!!!

Scott..........
Post a reply