Switch to full style
This section will be used as a repository for the picture rich posts that occasionally occur.
Post a reply

Re: Naval Air Museum 2014

Mon May 26, 2014 10:17 am

I like the TDR..............................last time I saw it , it had the canopy on it and was on the ground in a storage hangar.

Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Kyleb wrote:Does anyone know the real story about the "Zero". There are a couple of pretty obvious things that are not right.

I think the Zero is a compilation of Zero parts put together to make one plane. I don't know the actual history behind it but I couldn't find it in a history of Zero survivors...

Mon May 26, 2014 8:04 pm

APG85 wrote:
Kyleb wrote:Does anyone know the real story about the "Zero". There are a couple of pretty obvious things that are not right.

I think the Zero is a compilation of Zero parts put together to make one plane. I don't know the actual history behind it but I couldn't find it in a history of Zero survivors...

There is a really odd bulge just above the intersection of the leading edge of the wing and the fuselage. I suspect there is a lot of "not Zero" in the "Zero".

Tue May 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Great set of photos! I really like the "As seen at the bottom of Lake Michigan" displays.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:43 am

I think the Zero may be one restored by Bob Diemert

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:18 pm

It is an ex-Diemert Zero.
The last restoration was done by Black Shadow Aviation in Jacksonville before heading to P-Cola in 1992.
http://www.blackshadowaviation.com/bsag ... ubishiA6M5
Post a reply