Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm 
Probationary Member

Doesn't it get boring when crooks get in a rut and become just plain old dishonest?
What the world really needs is a new kind of crook, one with a flair. And here locally I think we may have such a guy.
It is expensive to use the ski lifts in Aspen, unless you get a package. Therefore you get a lot of people trying to beat the system.
My favorite is the guy this week who tried to go through the automatic gate to the ski gondola by using his sisters pass, her's was valid, but only for her and not transferable.
When the guy got caught he claimed to be the person on the card. The operators pointed out to him that the person on the card was not him, in fact, it was not any him, it was a girl.
With bravado that would make Bernie Madoff proud the young man never backed down, but claimed that he was the person on the card, but that he was in the middle of having a sex change operation, and the process was not finished yet, that is why he still looked like a guy and not the girl on the photo id on the ski pass.
I think they should have given him a free ski day just for one of a kind thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:08 pm 
Wing Commander

:D I loved that movie a few years back (had Tom Hanks and someotherguy) can't recall the name right now though. The "bad" guy had world class bravado and passed himself off as an airline pilot among many other things. Sounds like this young man is cut from the same type of cloth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:36 am 

That Tom Hanks movie is "Catch Me If You Can". Enjoyed it again recently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:24 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

And it was an even better book, for those of you that remember those.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

B-ooks? Is that a new app on the iphone?

Peace,

David

P.S. Truth be told, I think that any story is better told on paper, than being adapted for the big screen. Apparently our society's attention span is not long enough to hear the whole, good story, but rather a shorted, watered down version.

Or perhaps it's our bladders that restrict the length of a movie. Perhaps intermissions should come back to movieland.

:)