Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Warbird Digest
Final Cut-The Post War B-17 Flying Fortress and Survivors - 5th Edition

Post subject: Boots
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm 
Pilot Officer

I worked as basically a building manager for a worldwide petrochemical firm. It had 12 high rises on the north side of Houston. I was in charge of safety, security, and maintenance for those buildings. My boss, the regional manager, was very much a bureaucrat. Because of the maintenance angle, I was on work sites at least three times a week. Becausebof that, I wore boots. Well,a former Army Ranger gets a posting as Director of North American operations. One of his firstbdirectives ws about offfice wear, boots were no longer allowed. I complied with this directive for about two weeks, then went back to wearing boots. About week later, my boss noticed. Shebordered mebto comply with the directive-or else....... A week after that, one of the Executive Vice Presidents saw me on a work site wearing shoes. When he asked, I told him why. He then told me: "You tell Miss Blake, from now on you are to wear boots". I said "Yes sir". The next day, as I passsed her office I said:"Hey___". But before I could say more, she said:"I already got the email!". Snicker snicker.