Switch to full style
This section is for discussion of all things military, past or present, that are related to active duty. Armor, Infantry, Navy stuff all welcome here. In service images and stories welcome here.
Post a reply

Mighty Mo retired 20 years ago today

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:26 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Missouri_(BB-63)

Not about warbirds but certainly worth noting.

Re: Mighty Mo retired 20 years ago today

Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:29 pm

muddyboots wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Missouri_(BB-63)

Not about warbirds but certainly worth noting.

Especially when they towed it away from N.S. Bremerton and dragged it to Pearl Harbor.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I remember when I was stationed at Hickham AFB old Mo hit Pearl, she was big and mean. Saw her later when I took the tour few years back.
Still look great!

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 am

I took photos of the Mighty Mo from the O'Club at Hickam AFB the day she entered Pearl Harbor. She was towed down the channel to her new pier moorage on Ford Island just behind the USS Arizona Memorial. The banks along Hickam were lined with Active Duty personnel, families and friends. I took several photos that day....and later was proud to become a donor member of its restoration and now a very popular Tourist Destination. Two years ago, I spent a whole day onboard and did a personal explanatory video on a "Go Pro". would be glad to share my photos and the video if anyone is interested. Will try to upload a few pics here as well. Last year I did a second Go Pro video at the New Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island. Will look for a reference to the air museum here on WIX and place a note there and share my pics of the planes they have restored for display. (I am a newbie here so bear with me as I learn to become a productive contributor)

Note: Hickam and Pearl Harbor are now "Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam (JBPHH)"
Post a reply