Switch to full style
This section is for discussion of all things military, past or present, that are related to active duty. Armor, Infantry, Navy stuff all welcome here. In service images and stories welcome here.
Post a reply

New Iranian "Fighter Jet" - Qaher 313

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

The Iranians have come out with a new fighter jet: Iran unveils new indigenous stealth fighter "Qaher 313". And here’s a detailed analysis. Normally, I wouldn't care all that much except the level of hilarity of the mock-up and "flight test video" is excellent. The mock-up looks like it was made in someone's garage and the flight test video is apparently a RC model with jet engine noises edited in. I think their current working aerodynamic principle is the "if-the-planform-looks-cool-enough-it-will-fly-theory". I can't tell you what this thing is, but I can tell you it isn't an airplane.

News report with "flight test" video: Iran unveils Qaher F313 indigenous fighter jet.mp4

EDIT: There's a new post that lists everything wrong with the aircraft, just in case you missed anything :wink:: Here’s why Iran’s new stealth fighter jet can’t fly (Based on the number of comments on the original article, plus the length of load time for the website, it appears that the website is being swamped.)
Last edited by Noha307 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Iranian "Fighter Jet" - Qaher 313

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Looks like Dynon and Garmin instruments pop1

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Looks like fibreglass and bondo construction, way, way too many bells clanging about this design, #1 being the inlets/location. In the demo flight how come it's doing all this 'GEE-WHIZ' maneuvering with the gear down? Last weeks sushi doesn't smell as bad as this does. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 pm

the iranians must get cnn news!!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Wow. Revell makes better models than that.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 pm

They say you can fool some of the people all of the time. Who in the heck did *that* fool?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 am

Nice little jet, I can see dried glue marks on the wings though !

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 am

it reminds me of those kiddie jets you see at air shows or an amusement park w/ laser gun zappers!! :gib:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 pm

I would like to petition that this thread be moved from general topic to a location more appropriate

such as the modeling thread

p.s. notice the room has no doors large enough for the plain to exit.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Looks kinda like the illicit mating of the F-35 and a Klingon Bird of Prey....

Pretty obvious that it's a mock-up. Lots of things wrong for it to be a flier.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Here's a nice clip of it showing off some off its more advanced features, like wobbling when the pilot gets in it and the special low-visibility, distorto-vision canopy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3F_lIsjGNas

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm

IIAF Major Farhad Nassirkhani was quoted as saying:

"Our ingenious F-313, built with the will of allah by our genius engineers, has the radar profile of a baby desert duck, and speeds that rival the fastest Maserati. It is more protective than an angry mother camel, and can carry more bombs than a big bomb truck. Our superior technology has produced an advanced aircraft that is invisible, flown by invisible pilots. In fact, the only reason you can now see it is because it is gods will, but in the face of the aggressive enemy, it will be invisible to all but those who god chooses to see it. God willing, it has the range to circle the whole world 3 times without a need for gas, and it is immune to all known counter measures the enemy can devise [god willing].
Any imperialists thinking about aggressive moves against the brave, innocent, peace loving Iranian people had now better think twice, or even 3 times, before making aggressive moves against the brave, innocent, peace loving Iranian people".

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

I hear its going to be on the cover of Kitplanes next month!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

So that's where the airplane kiddie ride that was in front of K-Mart went!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 pm

I hope their nuclear weapons program is of similar quality.

August
Post a reply