Switch to full style
This section is for discussion of all things military, past or present, that are related to active duty. Armor, Infantry, Navy stuff all welcome here. In service images and stories welcome here.
Post a reply

U.S. Navy Ships & Aircraft at San Diego Naval Base

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:15 am

I was in San Diego a few months ago and toured the USS Midway, the B-39 Soviet Submarine, and the Air & Space Museum. I also went on the harbor boat tour (which I didn't even know about until I got to SD) and I'm very glad I got to do that! I never thought I'd be able to legally get within 100 feet of America's $4 billion "stealth" destroyer the USS Zumwalt. Also saw both types of Littoral Combat Ships, a Nimitz Carrier and countless F-18s, Seahawks, Cruisers & Destroyers.

https://youtu.be/Cb_fAVoKWcw

Also for those flowing the news right now this is the homeport of the Carl Vinson carrier strike group.

Re: U.S. Navy Ships & Aircraft at San Diego Naval Base

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:15 am

Pretty amazing. I have put on my list of things to do, a tour of places like San Diego that has old navy ships. So, also, places like Massachusetts (battleship and more) and so on. Thanks for the look at San Diego.

Re: U.S. Navy Ships & Aircraft at San Diego Naval Base

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Ernie_D wrote:Pretty amazing. I have put on my list of things to do, a tour of places like San Diego that has old navy ships. So, also, places like Massachusetts (battleship and more) and so on. Thanks for the look at San Diego.

SoCal deffinetley has a high concentration of stuff to see. Not too far of a drive from SD in Long Beacg is the Queen Mary cruise ship and the USS Iowa Battleship too. Heck if I were to do it all again I'd time it so I could see the Myrimar or planes of fame airshow while I was out there
Post a reply