Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Re: Worlds only USMC Mitchell PBJ-1J Restoration CAF's Sempe

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:16 pm

AWESOME! What a culmination of such work! Cant wait to see the finished results! Including the new space!

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:31 pm

By the way our brand new web site is a very easy way to follow our progress..

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Great stuff Dan! Very exciting news about the hangar space too, not to mention the PBJ's imminent return to flight. Awesome! :drink3:

Plus I HAVE to save that photo. Looking goooood! :drink3:

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Any chance for an end of the year update? We haven't seen anything since September.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Engine test during electrical checkout.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +semper+fi

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Both engines were run yesterday. We will start taxi tests after Christmas Holidays.

Life is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUngW0-dM1o

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 pm

As I said on the other thread, awesome news for Christmas! Well done to everyone concerned.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Well done and those R2600s are purring nicely! :drink3:

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:49 pm

Video of Semper Fi's second engine run

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9elz ... 0xPTWJ5SVU

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:08 am

Anything new to report? Just asking since it's been a couple of months. Long distance (sponsor) enquiring minds are would like to know.

Rick :drinkers:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 am

[quote="b17engineer"]Anything new to report? Just asking since it's been a couple of months. Long distance (sponsor) enquiring minds are would like to know.

Anyday now...... I would look at this weekend (April 9-10) as being the day!
alan

Wed May 04, 2016 1:16 pm

To all of our faithful followers.

I apologize for the infrequent updates but with expanded wing duties and a host of other activities in my life I hope you can forgive.

I started this post 9 years ago! I am in my 14th year of working on this wonderful aircraft. Yesterday we completed our weight and balance. Tomorrow we will bring her out for some taxi and system checks. We are just a few DAYS away from flight!

As soon as that date is certain I will let folks know. Also guys and gals our website is updated almost every day. You can follow us there. Check it out.

Dan

Thu May 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Dan,

I want to Thank you for keeping this thread alive! I have been following it from the beginning and lived update to update. It even convinced me to drive from San Diego to Camarillo when I was in California on business to see the progress and aircraft of the SOCAL wing. I was very impressed. I hope all goes well and the aircraft flies for many years to come to honor the Navy/Marines vets that flew the PBJ during the war.

I hope I can see it fly one day, any plans to bring it to Oshkosh since the CAF tries to have a good showing at these event?

So what is the next project the SOCAL wing is going to take on? Keep the momentum going!

Thanks again
Eric

Tue May 10, 2016 10:40 pm

Wishing much success to the entire "Semper Fi" crew for Sunday's first flight!

Sure wish I could be there. :(

Tue May 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Dan Newcomb wrote:To all of our faithful followers.

I apologize for the infrequent updates but with expanded wing duties and a host of other activities in my life I hope you can forgive.

I started this post 9 years ago! I am in my 14th year of working on this wonderful aircraft. Yesterday we completed our weight and balance. Tomorrow we will bring her out for some taxi and system checks. We are just a few DAYS away from flight!

As soon as that date is certain I will let folks know. Also guys and gals our website is updated almost every day. You can follow us there. Check it out.

Dan

You DO need a new picture for your signature. :drink3:
Post a reply