Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:16 pm

David:
Previously, I mentioned about the Canadian Sabre equipped with a Tudor hot seat. Then there was a recent posting about Australian warbird A-37B with Martin-Baker seats. I wonder what model seats these were and how cheap they were obtained. Nice to see surplus MB seats coming on to the warbird market. Hope this helps the seat issue for the F-86 & A-4.
Just an FYI,
Vlado

F-86 Annual

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Beautiful Sabre! We've got an ex-Bolivian AF F-86 in our hangar waiting in line to be restored. I'd love to get her flyable again, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I would love to display it with the empennage removed like that, not many people know that you split the plane in half to work on a lot of things. Where'd you find the fuselage cradle?
Last edited by CrewDawg on Tue May 19, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 am

CrewDawg,
I picked up another cradle when we bought the A4. I may have a spare available in the future. I could also put the P/N of the one we have for the Sabre on the ILS and see if any are available for sale. I'll let you know what I find out.
David
WHF Maint

Sat May 16, 2009 6:46 pm

We have about 20 hours on our engine since December when we got her back together. Last Thursday the guys from Down to the Last Detail came out and polished the Sabre for the 2009 Airshow season. It looks absolutely stunning. Here's a picture of the Foundations Sabre ready to go.

David
WHF Maint
www.warbirdheritagefoundation.org

Sat May 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Ooooooo, Shiny!! Very nice. If you can't out turn the Mig, blind them with your brilliance!

Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 am

Sabremech wrote:We have about 20 hours on our engine since December when we got her back together. Last Thursday the guys from Down to the Last Detail came out and polished the Sabre for the 2009 Airshow season. It looks absolutely stunning. Here's a picture of the Foundations Sabre ready to go.
David
WHF Maint
www.warbirdheritagefoundation.org

That's BEAUTIFUL, David. I am looking forward to seeing the Sabre at the Indianapolis Air Show in Mt. Comfort, IN in less than 3 weeks!

Mon May 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Beautiful ship, and a real inspiration for some of us!

Scott

Mon May 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I just saw on Air Show Buzz that the Sabre is NOT coming to Mt. Comfort for the June 6-7 air show. VERY sorry to hear that. I would rather see one Sabre than a hundred L-39s any day of the week.

Well hopefully I'll see it next year somewhere.

Keep up the great work!

Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow!! That is awesome. Looks great! As always you do a great job of keeping it in the air.

Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Like I said before, we'll try to live up to the high standard set by Sabremech! Awesome job David! :drink3: :prayer:

We're seeing more of a hope to get our ex-Bolivian AF F-86F back to flyable than static display condition lately. All we need now is money!!!

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:20 pm

I sure enjoyed reading this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Ed

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Ed,
Glad you enjoyed it. If you or any other Wixers are ever up this way, let me know and I'll arrange a tour of the facility. Also look for me to be with our airplanes at Oshkosh next month. We will have the F86, A4, L-39 and AD-1 Skyraider there this year.
Take Care and Thank you for your interest in our Warbirds.
David
WHF Maint

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Nah, David, you'll have the A-4 there ? That's cheating, you can only claim it if you take it around the patch at least once ! :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:54 pm

It will at least taxi over to the Warbird area under it's own power. Does that count? :D

David

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Anyone interested in this years upcoming condition inspection and highlighting new areas we are adding to our inspection program?

Thanks,
David
WHF Maint
Post a reply