Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: A-26 Engine QEC (Tubs)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:16 pm 

I am working with a CAF group to restore an A-26 back to flying. We have taken the engines off the tubs (long time since they came off the wing) and we have stripped the tubs, for cleaning and corrision inspection. My question is, does anyone have any experience that can give me a clue on what is the best way to rebuild these tubs to be ready for the engines when they get back from overhaul. We have some books, but not much on the what goes where and what all the wires and tubes go to and where they connect. :?:

Any help is welcome :D

Kurt. (The designated engine man for this phase) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:50 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Kurt: The maintenance manuals, the SRM and the IPB are your friends. It's pretty easy to figure out locations from these books. It might take a little page flipping to find eveything, but it should all be there. I usually keep a copy of these for my aircraft out in the shop, with each page in a page protector so that my dirty hands don't ruin the pages as I turn them.

BTW...when you get to it, do the landing gear rigging EXACTLY by the the book. Even a slight misadjustment in the system can and possbily will result in a unintentional retraction of one gear or more on the ground during an aircraft movement. I know of a couple of accidents due to misadjustments in the gear system. Also take the time and make yourself a set of gear locks to keep with the airplane for anytime you have to tow it very far.

Craig C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:12 pm 

The dash-2 and dash -4 maintenance manuals should do the trick. But if this your first time doing this or you've come in to clean up someone else mess, don't hesitate to call other A-26 groups. The CAF has two others don't they? Give them a call as their planes are probably in maintenance with the cowls off. Digital pics are free and they can e-mail them to you. That old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Post subject: A-26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 pm 

If you have trouble finding the info, pacific coast air museum in NO. CA. has a complete set of the manuals. You can go to the web site and email them and see if they can copy the pages you need and send them to ya. You can also see our A26-B. WWW.pacificcoastairmuseum.org