Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Yale Flap Handles

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Has anyone made Yale Flap Handles and if so, did you make any extras to sell or trade? I am looking for the knob, arm and the bracket that retains the bearing. Thanks,

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm curious to know how those differ from T-6 handles. Can they be modified? Got a photo to satisfy my curiosity?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:10 am

The Yale does not have a hydraulic system. The handle is a crank handle (knob) that winds them down. All of the Yales that survived had been converted to a wireless trainer with no rear cockpit controls. The flap handle was replaced by a simple bushing. Unfortunately, my little project is also missing the bracket that holds the bearing, which is a cast piece. I can have them milled but before I do so, thought I would see if someone's already done it. I'll snap a picture of my front cockpit (it is installed) but it will be a while before I can send it to you.

Rob
Post a reply