Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

C-47 Navigator and Radio Compartment Parts - Wanted

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm

I was wondering if anyone out there has any parts for the Navigator and Radio Operator compartments for a C-47. We were fortunate to receive a fairly complete set of the basic C-47 radios for our bird. However, all the structures in our aircraft were removed when she was converted to an airliner. About all we have are the radios and the ROs chair. We need just about everything else to begin the restoration project. If you have any of these parts on hand or know of any C-47s in salvage that might still include any of the structures and equipment, we'd appreciate the help.

(FYI - I made a similar post to the Parts Market as well.)

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Have you talked to Basler in Oshkosh, WI? They have a bunch of C-47s and trailer loads full of parts up there. Might be worth checking out.

kevin

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:54 pm

I know an aircraft with the original nav area still installed who would probly sell it to you if you go up to remove it, the whole aircraft might be parted out. So lots of spare parts, PM me to inquire the exact items your looking for and I might be able to connect you to this person. I have the photos of it on my PC too. I took detail photos.

Dave

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 am

There was a tornado in Rolla/Vichie Missouri in January the tore up 4 DC-3's. You might call Lee Maples at 573-465-4701.
Post a reply