Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:29 am 

Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Flying Heritage
The Flying Heritage Collection, based in Everett, WA is hiring an Aircraft Maintenance Technician responsible for safe, on-time completion of maintenance procedures as necessary for all museum aircraft. This position is further responsible for overall daily aircraft groomer duties and activities within the Flying Heritage Collection.

The Aircraft Maintenance Technician will assist with the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the aircraft within the collection, maintain thorough familiarity with assigned vintage aircraft as well as keep aircraft records as required by Flying Heritage Collections Standard Practices and F.A.R. guidelines,

The ideal candidate must maintain a current Airframe and Powerplant certificate and have at least 5 years maintaining vintage aircraft as well as prior experience with routine maintenance and cleaning of vintage aircraft interiors and exteriors. This person will also have experience working on Allison, Merlin and Rolls Royce V-12’s and radial engines and be familiar with vintage aircraft fueling, towing and parking.

Work hours can extend past normal business hours and this position will be required to work occasionally on Saturdays during flying season.

About the Collection
The planes within the Flying Heritage Collection were created at a time when aeronautical discovery had evolved to aviation mastery. Finely crafted by distinguished design bureaus with leading technologies of the 1930s and 1940s, the main emphasis of the collection includes combat aircraft from World War II, as well as the Cold War era. For additional information about the collection, please visit www.flyingheritage.com

The Flying Heritage Collection is undergoing a period of dynamic growth focused on the opening of a new facility at Paine Field in 2008. For the first time, the majority of the collection will be housed in a single building which will be open to the public. While remaining modest in size, the staff will be doubling in number by the opening.

For a complete job description and to apply to this position, please visit www.flyingheritage.com or www.vulcan.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:31 pm 

I am still working on my EASA Part 66 Licence, ask it again in a couple of years when I have the time for an AI :lol:

Good luck on your hunt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:52 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I'm interested, but am in NJ, and not sure I want to make that great a move west yet... And I don't have the full range of experience they want, again, yet. I'd be happy to send along my resume, if they'd like to take a look- I do have 25 years experience with auto restoration projects & mechanical works...

Robbie