Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Display replica 2.25" SCAR or WP rockets

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Does anyone have a good source for replica 2.25 training rockets (SCAR) or the 'Willie Pete' phosporus rockets?

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:31 am

Try here:

http://www.02337parts.com/fpdb/Weapons/Weapons.htm

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:15 am

skymstr02 wrote:Try here:

http://www.02337parts.com/fpdb/Weapons/Weapons.htm

It's Christmas!

Many thanks!

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:37 am

2 and a quarter or 2 and three quarters? Didn't the O-2 have 2.75? Still have to get you in touch with Jon Mc here in town, he can custom make what ever you need. If you need non-inert that might be a little tougher.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:50 am

Yes they had 2.75 FFAR (folding fin aerial rocket). I don't think that there was anything smaller, and the next size up would be a 5".

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Obergrafeter wrote:2 and a quarter or 2 and three quarters? Didn't the O-2 have 2.75? Still have to get you in touch with Jon Mc here in town, he can custom make what ever you need. If you need non-inert that might be a little tougher.

Jon Mc does a wonderful job and much nicer to work with AND probably a whole heck of a lot cheaper IIRC

???

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm

would be a 5".

That would be a Zuni. We carried them regularly
on our sqd's A-6s. Great rocket goes when you
aim it and packs a punch!

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:14 am

Thanks to my WIX Boerne buds here, I've found someone (J Mc) who already fabricates the two shot 2.75" rocket pods which were used on the later A models. These look to be similar if not the same 2 shot pods in the -1 and MM, and will fit the existing bomb pylon as they are supposed to.

I think these may be a very good XC display option, for as good as the 50 cal pods look, they really slow the little plane down.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 pm

Here is the first rough fitting on the factory pylon on the T-28A

Looks pretty good, with least weight and drag on performance of the armament options.

Armament mounted

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:00 pm

2.75" and MA-2A launchers mounted.
Will flight test soon.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Good shot................you got Tora the hangar cat. He doesn't hunt Rattlers like Mosquito does , but then again were not in west Texas and he doesn't have to work as hard as Garys' cat.
Post a reply