Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 pm

A2C wrote:http://sbiii.com/smottpix/sokerov8.jpg

Airnutz:

Very nice! Complete with a 5 year plan, and micromanagement.

Nooooo! I don't want the military or corporate production involved at all! :lol: I was thinking Ultralight homebuilt.
Some of our "weight challenged" members may be pushed into the Sport Pilot or Standard Category..and one or 2
members, I daresay..may have some trouble if the new TSA proposal is passed. :shock:

A Warbird for the masses! If we made kits, would our bodies and gear fulfill the 51% requirement? Since I'm not
the actual maker of the "fuselage", would my parents have to "own" the paperwork? So many details! :cry:

It would essentially be a replica Warbird, but if an owner/pilot is ex-military does that qualify it as a "true" Warbird?

Too small for the Warbug category. Hmmm...Wargnats...Warnits...Warmites?? :D :D :D

Brainstorming in Texas.... :rolleyes:

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:12 pm

51fixer wrote:I suggest a unicycle type arrangement aka Defender.
Rich

Dunno if I want a unicycle that close to my..ummm..er..umm..my lower "cylinder barrels", Rich. As well as
on hard landings, the unicycle is dangerously close to being "plunged-up" the ol' bombay! :shock:

I think I'll stick with the classic look and safety of the "wheelpants"! :wink:

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Dunno if I want a unicycle that close to my..ummm..er..umm..my lower "cylinder barrels", Rich. As well as
on hard landings, the unicycle is dangerously close to being "plunged-up" the ol' bombay!

I think I'll stick with the classic look and safety of the "wheelpants"!

That's the future of GA under you-know-who.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:13 pm

A2C wrote:
on hard landings, the unicycle is dangerously close to being "plunged-up" the ol' bombay!

I think I'll stick with the classic look and safety of the "wheelpants"!

That's the future of GA under you-know-who.

Ah yes..the FAA under the yoke of the airline weenies. :roll:

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:43 pm

AIRNUTZ,
Thanks for the link! I'd forgotten the names T. Tom Meshingear and Trebor Crunchhog-
Ain't it amazing what you can find on an airplane site?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink: :!:

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 pm

The Inspector wrote:Ain't it amazing what you can find on an airplane site?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink: :!:

:D :D The world would the poorer without the cross-pollination of fields of interest. Imagine no Allison/Merlin hydroplanes,
tractors, and mudbuggies. No Aerocars, flying tanks or flying submarines..no "RATO/Chevy leaves road into the side of a cliff"myths..:wink:

Flying Lawn mower

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Anyone seen the video of the RC flying push lawn mower?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWfqVWC2KI

"Mr. Dorfman builds toy airplanes"
Post a reply