Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Morning CH2A Lanc crew,
I need contact email addresses and possibly phone number for those in charge of the Lanc. You are going to get a VIP visitor this summer ex BBMF Lanc engineer on a visit and need to get in touch.

________

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:36 pm 

peter wrote:
Morning CH2A Lanc crew,
I need contact email addresses and possibly phone number for those in charge of the Lanc. You are going to get a VIP visitor this summer ex BBMF Lanc engineer on a visit and need to get in touch.

Peter,

Has anyone contacted you about this? Sorry, but have been real busy elsewhere the last month and didn't notice this post. Send me a PM or e-mail me, dchristopher at ch2a.ca if you still need this info.

Don

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 pm 

Sorry for not keeping this thread updated for the last month. I have been working overtime at getting the new Canadian Historical Aircraft Association web-site up and running. We published it just last week so feel free to check it out at http://www.ch2a.ca. Let us know what you think!

We have started a new co-op student program at the hangar and have been getting 10 high school students up to speed on the fine arts of drilling, riveting and sheet metal work. They will be working over the next few months on getting the rudders and elevators restored and back on the plane. I will post some action shots later this week.

Cheers,
Don

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Don I did get a contact for CH2A Lanc group project thanks. Hope my friend got in touch?

________

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:02 pm 

Hey everyone, some more update pictures to check out. I had planned on getting out more during this rotation home from working up north but some other things came up that prevented that, have to wait until next time to get back to working on her. I did make a quick stop there today though to grab some pictures:

One of the elevators all opened up. All in all they both were in pretty decent shape expect for the steel tube spar that runs through it, that will have to be replaced.

New skins made for the other elevator, again that one is in the same shape at the previous one.

One of the rudders, working on new skins for that one. These were in pretty decent shape as well, other than a few repairs on a couple ribs, just new skins for these.

And the other rudder closed up on one side.

rorshinsky@ch2a.ca
http://www.ch2a.ca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Great update Ryan :drink3:

Good to see the elevators were not too bad but typical corrosion on the steel tube. At least yours wasnt snapped off at the inboard mounting like ours was! If you guy's could only have seen how much water cascaded out of them every year when she was getting inspections done in the park it was amazing! If it wasnt for simply draining both the elevators and gear and bombdoors when she was on her post be the early restoration group, she might have been a heck of alot worse! :)

________

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Heads up 212 crew.. nice collection looking for a home...
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?130011-Bombsight-Mk-XIVa

________

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:27 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

If you folks are able to acquire these items, maybe they could be flown back on FM213 when she returns from the U.K. this summer :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 am 

peter wrote:
Heads up 212 crew.. nice collection looking for a home...
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?130011-Bombsight-Mk-XIVa

Thanks for the heads up, Peter! I have PM'ed the original poster. These would be great additions to the project.

Don

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:25 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

They sure would Don. Only downside would be you would need to manufacture the bombsight mounting frame as it was removed during 212 conversion process...

________

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm 

absolutely love this project and hats off to you guys! am I correct that you are planning on getting this bird air worthy? any updates, its been afew months now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:56 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Despite the freezing cold and blustery weather, the hearty volunteers were able to successfully bring Lancaster FM212 into the CH2A Hangar! Well done guy's! Photo's by Hailey Trealout

________

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:02 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Now THAT is an update!! :D

I've been wondering what you folks have been up to :wink:

That is really sweet to get her inside. Congrats on the milestone! :drink3:

Andy Scott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:19 pm 

Hey everyone, been a while since the last update on here, sorry about that!

Not really to much to report on, things really quieted down over the winter months. We've had some recent changes in our team (some departures and some new members), now that that has been worked out work is starting to continue again and the plan for where to go next with the project is currently being ironed out.

The guys have been slowly plugging away at the various turret parts we've collected over the years to see what we have and have started to work on repairing them (Don may have some pictures to post). The next step on the plane is going to be removing the most forward nose section and mounting that into jigs for restoration. More to come soon!

:drink3:

rorshinsky@ch2a.ca
http://www.ch2a.ca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:13 pm 

Been following this outstanding restoration and am hoping to see some new pics or news soon. Ill keep watching....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next